Dropped and bucked a large red oak for a guy I work with last evening.......it was a 65-70 foot leaning beast, after a climb and rig at 45' I plunge - cut the tree and put it on the trailer..... Didn't get many pics because the phone was dead but had the while job done in three hours and got around a cord of wood from the tree. Not bad for an after work job.......primo wood to boot.
Yes....that was planned that way. I had the tree cabled as an insurance policy, but when using the bore cut and wedges it was placed right where I wanted it.......
Good job Nice looking tree, was it getting heavy with water? Up off the ground nice, Did you back the trailer in three & let the pieces fall right on . LOL
Yeppers......had the job cleaned up and done before i left there last evening. I hauled all the big stuff home, left my buddy keep the smaller stuff. I'm heading out the back door at this very moment to start splitting it!!
I think that was a good choice your coworker made to take that one down. Looks like it had a good lean toward the house. Somebody's gotta say it.....that takes 3 years to dry
Got most of the beast split this evening.......only a handful of big rounds left to do and some big birch rounds from a job I did a couple weeks back....
I was going to say the first standing pic was deceiving as it looked like a little tree - but on the ground that sucker had some btu's Where's the stacked pic?