Here we go again! Like Roseanne Roseannadanna said: "It just goes to show you if it's not one thing, it's another." Invasive insect spreads beyond Pennsylvania farms and orchards to backyards
Article in local paper yesterday here about same insect .USDA is starting to quarantine certain areas. IIRC it was near Albany , NY
So far...its about 2 counties to the east. Wont be long before its here. Either there going to have to be more lenient about using spray or let it do its destruction n runs its course.....no...theyll spend million of dollars n come up with nothin like they always do! Sorry for the rant....
When I was out east, I saw millions of them in eastern PA. I noticed that all the grape arbors were covered with nets and found out this is the reason for that. I surely hope they can get this under control.
Common sense tells me that they (DNR)? should DEFINETLY control them now before they spread way way outta control. Its very upsetting to me. I remember when i was 6 year old....the town of Gettysburg would spray every ally for mosquitoes. That was 1969 n im pretty sure it was ddt...they did this until it was banded in 1972.