In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fishing

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Ward8512, Apr 6, 2014.

  1. Ward8512

    Ward8512

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2014
    Messages:
    715
    Likes Received:
    2,034
    Location:
    Northeast WI
    My Husband and I took the kiddos fishing today. I should say we took the newly tied jigs swimming since we didn't catch anything. Had fun and got outside though, that's what matters :)
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
     
    Got Wood?, greendohn, basod and 4 others like this.
  2. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,313
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    A bad day of fishing? Still an enjoyable day outdoors. ;)

    We have another 2 weeks before we can go out. :(
     
    Ward8512 likes this.
  3. Ward8512

    Ward8512

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2014
    Messages:
    715
    Likes Received:
    2,034
    Location:
    Northeast WI
    We just fish the trout while we wait for the lakes to thaw, I can't wait to get out on the boat! Not possible for a while yet, everything is still iced up.
     
  4. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,313
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    Our trout season starts the 3rd Saturday in April. So we can only fish the non trout lakes/ponds but still frozen. Most of the good bass lakes have trout stocked in them. Some are open, Should be iced off in another week. We'll get the boat setup and hopefully dip it next week to be sure she's set for the season.

    Hope you guys post some pic's of some of the lunkers ya'll gonna catch! We'll try to do the same.
     
    Ward8512 likes this.
  5. Ward8512

    Ward8512

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2014
    Messages:
    715
    Likes Received:
    2,034
    Location:
    Northeast WI
    I'll share one from last year just to get us through the next couple weeks ;)
    image.jpg
     
    eatonpcat and jtakeman like this.
  6. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Ward8512 likes this.
  7. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Beautiful spot you have there.
    I'll snap some pics of the place I go to down in the National Forest - it's probably flooded 6ft deep right now though.
    Unfortunately I can't get into Chinnabee easily anymore - the federal gov't closed it down after it flooded last spring.
    [​IMG]

    This feeds a large pond full of bass brim and crappie
     
    greendohn and Ward8512 like this.
  8. Ward8512

    Ward8512

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2014
    Messages:
    715
    Likes Received:
    2,034
    Location:
    Northeast WI
    That is gorgeous! If I had that near by I wouldn't get anything done, but I would be one happy lady! :thumbs:
     
    jtakeman, Stinny and basod like this.