In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

My Drug Problem..........................

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Jul 30, 2018.

  1. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    The other day I was in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and someone asked me a question, 'Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?'

    I replied that I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.
    I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the priest, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.
    I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds. I was drug to the homes of neighbors to help mow the yard, repair the clothesline, and if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, my dad would have drug me back to the woodshed.
    Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin: and if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.
     
  2. Redneck

    Redneck

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2015
    Messages:
    1,486
    Likes Received:
    13,641
    Location:
    Burton mi
  3. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    I knew it. Rotti's a druggie.

    I fricken knew it!!!
     
  4. ReelFaster

    ReelFaster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2016
    Messages:
    2,875
    Likes Received:
    19,919
    Location:
    S.Jersey
    Love this!!!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
     
  5. NH mountain man

    NH mountain man

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    37,833
    Location:
    WMNF N.H.
    Seems like we both had the same kind if drug problem as kids rottiman
     
    Erik B and rottiman like this.