My wife would LOVE if I filled the front yard full of dog crates full of firewood! It would look much better than this.
I think that looks pretty good. It doesn't look that noticable from the street. The dog crates look kind of rednecky. I only have two, but I'm always looking for more (for free).
It blends nicely, but definitely noticeable! I was stacking some locust.out front one day and one of the snowbirds stopped and asked if i had enough wood yet that's only 3 cords.
I don't have dog crates, but I use 55 gal drums for the shorts and uglies. It burns great in our stove. I probably couldn't put it in the front yard though......that would be the looks I got from the missus if I did...
Best thing about stacking in the front yard? My wife insisted on doing it so it would be as neat as possible. Win-win!
You've got a ways to go to get that ugly green grass covered by wood so the place looks nice and respectable.