In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Met a Fellow Hoarder Today

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Ralphie Boy, Jun 4, 2018.

  1. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    I was down in my lower field mowing today and from a distance I spotted a nice looking young fellow standing on a large oak round looking over the field. I mowed my way up to him and ask how I could help him. He said: "Are you a firewood hoarder?" I proudly stated I sure am! Then he says: "You Ralphieboy?" I said I am. He says "I'm Ohiostihl!" Seems he, and his lovely wife, were on a motorcycle trip to Rabbit Hash, KY when he spotted my stacks and turned around to check them out.

    We had a nice chat before the got back on the bike and continued on their trip.

    I found him, and his wife, to be like other members of the FHC family I've met, just good folks. It was a joy to meet him in person after exchainging posts on the FHC forums. It's always great to put a face with a name.

    I felt kind of bad because the place was in a bit of disarray due of the floods, rain and 3 weeks with my urban lawn assult vehicle in the shop for repairs. It will be looking fine for their, or your, next visit.
    :salute:
     
    Maina, Woodwidow, Hinerman and 39 others like this.
  2. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,979
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    Nice! :cool::yes:
     
    bear 1998, Eric VW, wildwest and 12 others like this.
  3. FatBoy85

    FatBoy85

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2017
    Messages:
    6,611
    Likes Received:
    25,253
    Location:
    Washington State
    Sweet! Haven’t had visitors like that but hopefully I’ll have my stacks in view and beer in my fridge in case this happens.
     
    bear 1998, Eric VW, milleo and 18 others like this.
  4. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,588
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Too Cool!! OhioStihl how cute,
    Very special place here at FHC.
     
  5. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,482
    Likes Received:
    113,749
    Location:
    KC Metro
    :dex:.... Thats great! Yes OhioStihl is a good guy.... :handshake:
     
  6. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Good guy for sure!
    And makes some killer beef bbq!
     
  7. walt

    walt

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2016
    Messages:
    978
    Likes Received:
    8,614
    Location:
    north central ohio
    Yep good guy and good BBQ beef,Ralphie your good people too
     
  8. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,979
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    :rofl: :lol:

    :eek:
    Your fridge runs out of beer.:hair::jaw:
    Time for a better fridge.
    :D
     
  9. FatBoy85

    FatBoy85

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2017
    Messages:
    6,611
    Likes Received:
    25,253
    Location:
    Washington State
    Or I better sip slower :rofl: :lol::thumbs:
     
  10. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,482
    Likes Received:
    113,749
    Location:
    KC Metro
    That’s why I have two beer fridges & a kegerator.... in case one fails... I have two backups....:D
     
  11. Camber

    Camber

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2017
    Messages:
    1,690
    Likes Received:
    11,611
    Location:
    Montana
    Hey ralphie, did you sell him that 661? Take the bar, and stuff the saw in his saddle bags:rofl: :lol:. I bought one of the first that came out too!

    Seriously though, pretty nice for him to swi:yes:ng by and appreciate your work
     
  12. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Glad you got to meet him Ralphie. He is a good guy for sure. Hey, isn't it getting close to your trip time?
     
    Maina, bear 1998, brenndatomu and 8 others like this.
  13. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    Yep, shove off is in a few days. Today is Joanne's last day in school so she will want a few days to decompress brfore we leave.
     
    Maina, bear 1998, brenndatomu and 6 others like this.
  14. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,979
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    Maina, bear 1998, brenndatomu and 6 others like this.
  15. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Maina, bear 1998, Ralphie Boy and 4 others like this.