In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

MARLIN MODEL 1895

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Certified106, Mar 30, 2014.

  1. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Picked this Marlin 1895 45-70 up a few weeks ago and finally got around to getting a picture. This has been on my list to add to the collection for quite awhile. Put a few rounds through it and seems like it functions and fires nicely. looking forward to putting a few more down range.

    IMGP1208.JPG
    IMGP1210.JPG
    IMGP1212.JPG
     
  2. jetjr

    jetjr

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    3,233
    Likes Received:
    8,953
    Location:
    Pa/Md line
    Nice pick. I have their guide gun in both .444 and .450. Both great guns with the right ammo.
     
    Certified106 likes this.
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Beautiful firearm!
     
    Certified106 likes this.
  4. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    It is a nice rifle. I have one also. There was a problem on the finish when I bought it. If I remember correctly it was the part that the lever hinge bolts into. One side had that grey tone, the other side didn't. So I sent it back to the factory and when it was returned they had put in a gold plated trigger which is a nice touch. I have a thing for Marlins, there are 5 other lever guns, 1894, 1894SS, 1894CP, 336 in 35 Remington and a 336 in 32 Winchester and a Camp 9 in my collection.



    IMGP0037.JPG
     
    Certified106 and jetjr like this.
  5. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    I was back and forth between a guide gun and this one but ended up with this due to the deal I got on it. I will say I like the feel of the Monte Carlo stock on the back even thought the straight stock is a bit more authentic.

    Glad they made that right and the trigger looks nice!
     
  6. jetjr

    jetjr

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    3,233
    Likes Received:
    8,953
    Location:
    Pa/Md line
    I got a good deal on both of mine so I don't blame you on your choice.
     
  7. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    See you have leverlution ammo in it.

    Have a pre76 1894 in 44 mag myself. Its apart now due to a front barrel band screw that fell out and I can't find a replacement. There extinct!!!

    New band and screw dont fit, its a larger diameter than the space machined between the mag tube and the barrel will allow to go in.