Hey FHC family! My wife and I will be traveling by bicycle again this summer and we're looking forward to meeting some of you on our journey. This year's trip will take us from our home near Rabbit Hash, KY through Columbus, OH to Zainsville, OH on to Wheeling, WV. From Wheeling we continue to Pittsburgh, PA. where we connect to the GAP Trail then follow the GAP Trail to the C & O Tow Path into D.C. After a couple of days in D.C. it's up to Philadelphia and on to Summit, NJ. There we'll spend a couple of nights so we can train into NYC. After checking out the Big Apple, it's on to Chatham Center in Columbia County, NY to throw my wife's father an 80th birthday bash. I'll post a link to our route in the coming days and if we're passing close to your place let's get together for a couple of milks!
That’s great Ralphie Boy May you and the wonderful Mrs. Ralphie Boy travel safely! When ya’s gonna ride through Wiffle!! ???
Cumberland Md is about an hour south of us. If thats one of your stops, Miss July and I can meet you for dinner. There's a nice KFC/Taco Bell there!
Figured. Only other route is interstate, which probably wouldn't be much fun on a bicycle. There's some pretty cool stuff along Old 40. Try not to be just east of Columbus (Reynoldsburg) during rush hours. After you clear that, it should be pretty smooth sailing all the way to Wheeling. Not sure if there is a bike path to get through Reynoldsburg or not? That section of 40 is bad during commuting hours.
Welcome. I tend to avoid trips to the big city of Columbus...mainly due to traffic. When I do go, I usually take RT40 as I'm usually in no hurry and the scenery is much better than on I70.
I enjoyed the pics of your trip last year Ralphie Boy , looking forward to some from this trip. Have a safe journey!
Okay kids here are the links to the route for tis year's adventure. It's broken down into 11 routes averaging about 100 miles each +/-. 9a is an out and back route. We plan to stay in Summit, NJ a couple of nights and train into NYC from there. I broke it into sections because the bike GPS works better with several short routes rather than one long route. The start date is still a bit up in the air due to weather related damage in some areas. We are thinking some time towards then end of next week. If you're close to the route and want to grab an adult beverage, or even a kid's beverage, with a fellow hoarder drop me a line. I will post a more accurate departure time in the near future. We hope to meet some of you woodenheads! 1. 1UnionSelma - A bike ride in Boone County, KY 2. 2SelmaZain - A bike ride in Clark County, OH 3. 3ZainWheeling - A bike ride in Zanesville, OH 4. 4WheelingPit - A bike ride in Belmont County, OH 5. 5Gap - A bike ride in Duquesne, PA 6. 6GAP - A bike ride in Somerset County, PA 7. 7C&O - A bike ride in Washington County, MD 8. 8DCGlenRock - A bike ride in Washington, DC 9. 9GlenrockConshoh - A bike ride in Shrewsbury Township, PA 9a. this is an out and back 9aNYspur - A bike ride in Lambertville, NJ 10. 10ConshohGoshen - A bike ride in Whitemarsh Township, PA 11. 11GoshenChatham - A bike ride in Orange County, NY