My wife had to go to Urgent Care and we received a full load bill for the visit. Called Urgent care and told them our insurance should take care of this or at least a portion of it. They got a hold of the insurance company and the company told them we were canceled as of Jan. Funny I have paid the premium every month since. So I called the insurance customer service. "We can't discuss this with you." "Why not" "Right to privacy act." "Right to Privacy? Look at the name on the check." UG. Can't take care of things the easy way. Seething letter going off to them. Not paying a monthly premium for nothing.
Who will they talk to? Is the policy in her name? I'm sorry, we had similar with a new mortgage in the 1990's. I kept sending the check and it was cashed. Turns out my mort was sold to another company and new company told us we were in default We ended up having to pay over $2k for a simple ear infection my daughter came down with. Thanksgiving weekend, Friday, pediatric doc closed for the holidays. Other Urgent Care in town closed early. So we took her to the ER as her fever was climbing.
Sounds very....scammy. How does insurance get 'cancelled' without notification to the policy holder?? Sounds like you are 'Policy Holder' 24566711354561 and nothing further to the company. This is part of the decline of society that bothers me quite a bit. I can't name one person that works at my Health insurance provider...seems odd, if not downright wrong. There is no personal connection and therefore no real 'care' for the policy holder's given situation. Sad really.
Wife came home so we tried again. Finally got a live person after the frustration of wading through the automatic answering. Handed the phone to my wife to authorize me to talk on her behalf. The representative was real nice and we were making progress. The repressenstive put me on hold to call the provider. I was listening to their funky music and the line went dead. Called them back and started to wade through the answering system again. I had trouble entering the policy number again. The third time I am screaming at the phone, "You need a g..d.. hearing aide". "I understood hearing aide. I will transfer you to that department.". At least I have a live person now. The hearing aide lady transferred me to the correct department. I believe we are well on our way to solve the issue. Customer Service has to be a crappy job. The customer all ready has a problem and is not happy with the company. By the time they wade through the answering system, they are more jacked up.
Marshel54 I can relate, unfortunately, six months after my small house fire, I'm still waiting on the insurance company to actually give me a copy of the Adjusters estimate or repair cost sheet. Mortgage companies threatening to put me in the default, if I don't let them come out and inspect to ensure that the damages were fixed. It's pretty hard to fix damages if you can't get a list of what needs to be fixed.. they keep saying when we "given" you thousands of dollars. No you've paid a claim that I'm covered on. Well that's great, but a breakdown of what you want me to spend it on would certainly be helpful. Of course I pay for replacement value and they've only paid for depreciated value at this point but that's a whole nother discussion..
Yep and then they wonder why your tone of voice and such is less than adequate by their standards. Phone co,credit co, medical co, the list is endless. Then there is the switch to someone else which may or may not take place and /or is no better than the previous person, quoting policy and such- with no attention to particular information- Guess what, I have been on both ends of these situations over the years sometimes in person ( that was always fun- not), Even though I some what understand their particular positions it still drives me up a tree when I request to be transferred to a higher authority and just get the next desk over which according to them is the supervisor with no more ability than the first. The other dodge is we will open a problem ticket and a specialist will get back to you in 24 hours. ( their clocks must run at a different rate than mine.) Meanwhile the volcano is reaching peak pressure.
My problem is that doctors never check my insurance and it pays out better than they ever "think or assume" I have to stay on top of the doctors office to actually run my insurance to see what I owe you. No I won't pay you $2400 before the surgery just to only owe you $150 and wait on you to refund me my money. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Last year I got a refund from a hospital saying I overpaid on something ( I don't even remember what it was -16 years ago). Funny part is I paid cash up front because there was a 30% discount that way. More recently- ER- won't even accept cash or check only credit card - then I get a call that the female that collected all the info including the cc #'s lost all the paper work- had to cancel card lock down various other accounts all on a Sat morning , which of course you have to do some of this in person only, meanwhile trying not to rip out all the stitches/ staples , as I drive around town and hobble into various establishments. Note : Most of the time medicare does not cover ER unless you are admitted to hospital - never seen it in writing ,but that's what i was told ( maybe they are double dipping- nothing new there.
Last year when my wife went to the ER Medicare paid a portion and the supplemental picked up the rest.
Insurance Company says we are in good standing. They couldn't find any record of the claim being submitted and are going to get a hold of the provider. Provider didn't answer the phone when they tried while I was on the phone with them. They will get back with us tomorrow.
Much better. She had an infected finger and after 4 days of home doctoring it was getting worse. Took her into urgent care on a Sun. Between the anti-biotic ointment and pills, she quickly healed up.
For reasons like this is why I keep antibiotics on hand. If only to get me or the wife through till normal hours. If it's in like the blood or something I won't mess with it but from a cut or superficial wound or something that will be taken care of , even a sore throat.