I think I may have posted a still picture we captured off this video but thought perhaps some might like to see some rutting activity. I've tried to lasso this guy.... http://s714.photobucket.com/user/Backwoods-Savage/media/WGI_0049.mp4.html?sort=6&o=7
What a great little vid of a horned-up buck making a scrape....... That's a very handsome looking deer, Sav. Looks a lot like the 7 point I shot around 4-5 years back here on the neighbor's farm. Nice to see them getting fired up, I imagine by next week they ought to be getting going around here. Still pretty calm, the next couple nights are supposed to cool down a good bit, hoping that will get them going....
Wow good looking fella right there Dennis ! Is that the pin oak out back of the wood piles in the clearing ?
Swags, I have found over the years that we really missed a lot when setting on single picture. We've had good luck with the 30 second videos. Pete, yes, that is the pin oak, right near where you parked the truck once when we were cutting. You probably remember we call it our rutting tree. Story is, one time we built a brush blind near that tree when it was not much more than a twig. One day both my wife and I sat in the blind and saw several does that morning but no bucks. That was early October. I told her that some day that tree would grow up and would turn into a great tree for scraping activity. It certainly proved to be true. There have been up to 5 or 6 scrapes around that tree and there are licking branches all around it. Also this year there is another pin oak just west of that one and they are scraping hot around that one now too.