In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Christmas will be 6 months late

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by foragefarmer, Dec 22, 2013.

  1. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    I ordered my Christmas/birthday present to myself last week, but it won't be here till June at the earliest.

    So all I have is a picture of what it will look like.

    [​IMG]

    I got the standard A2 stock.

    I am worried about another rush on ammo so I have also ordered 500 rounds of 150 Gr. Federal American Eagle. So I will have that sitting around for at least six months taunting me.

    On the plus side a friend may have a set of .308 reloading dies he doesn't need.
     
  2. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Very nice! I love my RRA.
     
    swags likes this.
  3. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    What do you have? And for how long?

    A friend just got in an RRA in 5.56. It only took 11 months for them to fill the order.
     
  4. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Just a standard RRA lower with a heavy barrel (5.56), flat top, match trigger. She's smoooooth :smoke:

    Had it for a few years now.
    [​IMG]
     
    Chvymn99 and Certified106 like this.
  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    You'll have some fun with that when it arrives! Sounds like Christmas in July!
     
  6. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    Yeah, I guess I will have break it in on a groundhog or ten. :D
     
    Chvymn99 and MasterMech like this.
  7. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    Yay, It only took 3 months!

    [​IMG]
     
  8. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    I scored a set of Redding reloading dies for free; the deprimer pin was missing and I called Redding and they are sending me a 10 pack for free, and have been working on components. A friend scored me 3 pounds of Varget in West Virginia. I had Federal 210 primers. All I am waiting on are bullets. Back in the day I would have only gotten 100-200; but with the way everything is in terms of reloading components, I ordered 500 Hornady 150gr..
     
  9. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Very very nice! I really want a M1 but haven't had the extra cash. I did pick up a new toy and will have to post a pic of it.
     
  10. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    Waiting on ya. :whistle: