We got out of the house for a bit today and stopped at the local beach. Sand was washed out several feet at the dunes. First was a tangle of gear about 20 feet long. There was probably thousands of feet of rope in this mess. Further down people were looking around a big area that looked like stones. It was a huge pile of sea life washed up. Tons of sea clams, lobsters, crabs, mussels, urchins and starfish. There was one picker getting sea clams for chowder and stuffed clams. Lots clams and mussels were still alive. Crabs and lobster were picked by the gulls.
Glad I'm not the only one with the urge to scavenge that pile. They make some nice doormats out of that lobster trap rope.
Very nice pictures, thank you for sharing. I really miss being able to walk the shore. Was one of my favorite things to do.
I was thinking about some of those shells being added to my garden. We always dump the lobster and clam shells into the garden, till them in. Tiller brakes them up.
Thanks for the pictures Jon. Judy would love to go walking around there but I fear I'd have to bring a truck.
I can understand that Larry. We like to visit the beach in the fall and winter with no crowds. I'd rather be on a deserted beach in the winter than crowds in the summer. More relaxing.
AGREED! We're headed to Brewster, down the Cape, in a few weeks, for a week. It'll be interesting to see how the shoreline has changed.
Me too....life in the mtns. offers great views/things to do, but no where near the relaxation of walking on the beach during the first 20 years of my life....