In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

WFO- Thou shall not covet thy neighbors pizza.

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by fishingpol, Mar 22, 2014.

  1. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I was helping my neighbor move two cords of oak to the racks closer to his house this afternoon. We went inside to go over some estimates to have a Norway maple taken down on the property line between our houses. His wife had some pizza dough on the rise and I offered to cook for them the pizzas in the mud oven.

    Getting it going with oak splitter trash from his stacks. The small pieces were not seasoned. The wind was howling pretty fierce this afternoon and I had to put a tarp on the windward side to keep things in order.

    IMG_7288.JPG


    I grabbed a maple split and split it into smaller pieces. This is the ticket to a hot fire in this thing. The thermometer is just about pegged out.

    IMG_7289.JPG

    Rolling along.


    IMG_7293.JPG


    After some dough issues, we got the first one in. There was pepperoni, sausage, peppers and onions. I don't know what kind of cheese was on there, but mozzeralla was in the mix. In this picture, the back walls are clean and whitish. This happens after the hottest part of the burn when any carbon built up on the walls is cooked off.

    IMG_7294.JPG


    Another of the same toppings.


    IMG_7295.JPG

    Last one. This had the pepperoni on top. The little oil puddle in the middle of the pepperoni cooks out nicely and makes it crispy.
    IMG_7296.JPG
     
  2. RockyMtnHigh

    RockyMtnHigh

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2014
    Messages:
    641
    Likes Received:
    1,130
    Location:
    Bailey, Colorado
    Looking good! Wood fired pizza is the best
     
    fishingpol likes this.
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I suck.:rofl: :lol:
     
    fishingpol likes this.
  4. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    Nice job! What a great way to entertain with friends and play around with fire and food!

    Who wouldn't like this? If only there were a beer or glass of wine to go with the pizza......
     
    fishingpol and mdavlee like this.
  5. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    You had me at the thread title. :rofl: :lol:
     
    Chvymn99, fishingpol, mdavlee and 2 others like this.
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Same here, except I'm coveting the heck outta that shi.....uh, stuff.
    :drool: