Well today I went to get the splitter out and test fit the lift and try it out and found so much mud I can't even get it out of the garage! Balls I wanted winter to end but not like this... Guess the wood pile is gonna have to wait for a colder day.
I sank up to my boots half way up and slogged all the way to the garage. Good thing I keep garage shoes in the garage! Yep OCD... No mud on the garage floor wife! To which she rolls her eyes at me.
I'm debating whether I want the ice, or the mud. We have dogs.....dogs love mud and don't care that they're tracking it in the house. However, I really dislike falling on the ice. I really don't have a choice in the matter....just rambling. Anyway FrankenPete, we'll wait.....
Our issue is all the remaining snow. I have a good 2' still piled up in my yard melting into rivers of mud.
We still have a chit load of snow so when we get our warmer weather at the end of the month we should have a mess around here. The Brook should fill up quick and it will also have that fresh mud smell, April 1 is the opening of trout season.
No kidding holy crap I didn't even try to say half of that, I think I must have hit the voice record button. I had a hard time reading what I said. Dang
Well I started to clean the garage seeing as it was muddy out and I heard BANG! Well I now have two full cords of wood on the ground Some 18 year old idiot going really fast down the old tracks just drove up the 4.5' ditch and hit my wood pile.... He is currently setting in the township drunk cell and I am drowned in the dang rain picking up my firewood. What a day.. O yes the tow truck knocked over a face cord two.
I went for a walk around the yard today and I won't be doing anything for a while. Where there is no snow there is mud, where there is snow it's still pretty deep.<sigh>
You've got to be kidding! Not sure which is worse, having to re-stack the wood… or having to do it in cold rain. We all know it's WAY too much to expect a judge will make the idiot stack a few cords later on for you. Sorry man…