In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

So much mud!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Pallet Pete, Mar 22, 2014.

  1. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Well today I went to get the splitter out and test fit the lift and try it out and found so much mud I can't even get it out of the garage! Balls I wanted winter to end but not like this... Guess the wood pile is gonna have to wait for a colder day.
    image.jpg
     
  2. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    My entire property is one gigantic mud puddle.
     
  3. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I sank up to my boots half way up and slogged all the way to the garage. Good thing I keep garage shoes in the garage! Yep OCD... No mud on the garage floor wife! To which she rolls her eyes at me.:rofl: :lol:
     
    Gasifier, Stinny and raybonz like this.
  4. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    I could lose a shoe just walking to the garden.
     
    Gark, jetjr, Stinny and 1 other person like this.
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I'm debating whether I want the ice, or the mud.
    We have dogs.....dogs love mud and don't care that they're tracking it in the house.
    However, I really dislike falling on the ice.
    I really don't have a choice in the matter....just rambling.
    Anyway FrankenPete, we'll wait.....:popcorn:
     
    Gasifier, jetjr, Stinny and 2 others like this.
  6. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    We need two weeks of sunny, 70 degree weather for the mud to be gone.
     
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    papadave and Pallet Pete like this.
  7. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Our issue is all the remaining snow. I have a good 2' still piled up in my yard melting into rivers of mud.
     
  8. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Same here, Tried to take the tractor out and no way.

    Edit holy crap my iPad went crazy on that post
     
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  9. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Ugh…
     
    jetjr likes this.
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Uh, what?
    Spell check, anyone?:rofl: :lol:
    Got the jist of what you're saying, but I had to think WAY too hard.
     
    swags and Pallet Pete like this.
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We still have a chit load of snow so when we get our warmer weather at the end of the month we should have a mess around here.

    The Brook should fill up quick and it will also have that fresh mud smell, April 1 is the opening of trout season.
     
    Gasifier and Pallet Pete like this.
  12. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Guy could break his brain on that one!
     
    Gark and Pallet Pete like this.
  13. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I just did.:headbang:o_O
     
  14. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    No kidding holy crap I didn't even try to say half of that, I think I must have hit the voice record button. I had a hard time reading what I said. Dang
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  15. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Me too, I think mine was broke before posting that though
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  16. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    I had that happen before I ate lunch today… :whistle:
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  17. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Well I started to clean the garage seeing as it was muddy out and I heard BANG! Well I now have two full cords of wood on the ground:mad: Some 18 year old idiot going really fast down the old tracks just drove up the 4.5' ditch and hit my wood pile.... :bug::loco: :crazy: He is currently setting in the township drunk cell and I am drowned in the dang rain picking up my firewood. What a day.. O yes the tow truck knocked over a face cord two.
     
    Gasifier and Paul bunion like this.
  18. rdust

    rdust

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2013
    Messages:
    1,195
    Likes Received:
    5,679
    Location:
    SE, Michigan
    I went for a walk around the yard today and I won't be doing anything for a while. Where there is no snow there is mud, where there is snow it's still pretty deep.<sigh>
     
  19. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Sue 'em both for mental cruelty.
    Or, something.
     
  20. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    You've got to be kidding! Not sure which is worse, having to re-stack the wood… or having to do it in cold rain. We all know it's WAY too much to expect a judge will make the idiot stack a few cords later on for you. Sorry man… :headbang:
     
    papadave and Pallet Pete like this.