In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Loon

Loon

Right now a new Bath Building and Dewatering. Its gonna be 40.000 to 55,000. Tunnels,Garage,offices. Pretty much all the guts also.
    Its dealing with a very large growth going on right now as farm lands are being made into subdivisions.. Need new Digesters but I guess that's gonna be after this upgrade?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

So far we are doing well and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. To date, the wood burning and snow are the only things I miss about NY. CoL is waaaay down, for some obvious and other not-so-obvious reasons. About the only thing that isn’t less expensive is the grocery bill.

3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

We still have the old Walker Process 300,000 gallon anerobic digester tanks with floating covers, but they were gutted back in '08, installed a new external heat exchanger and a Vaughan Rotomix system...its been more gooder for sure :yes:

4. lukem

lukem

Truck is COMPLETELY coated in ice. Can't even scrape it. Going to sit in the parking lot for a while until it thaws out.

20180211_190655.jpg

5. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Another pile collected up :)

DSCN4556.JPG DSCN4554.JPG

6. Midwinter

Midwinter

bogieb and Horkn like this.
  7. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Horkn and Midwinter like this.
  8. Marshel54

Marshel54

After a couple of weeks of nasty weather, head cold and laziness I finally got back to cleaning the work shop after 10 years of neglect. Getting tired of moving stuff from one trash pile to another and adding to the stacks. I HATE CLEANING.
    I did manage to get one bench top cleaned off and the shelf underneath. All my wood cutting stuff is now off the floor and on the shelf.
    If I procrastinate for another 3 weeks, I figure the weather will be good enough to call the trash company and order up a roll off container. Things will progress fast then.
    On the upside, my two 2 tier toolboxes are over flowing with found tools and I am not even a 1/4 done yet. Time to spend my Christmas money and get another roll around. Off to go internet shopping.

9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Our previous home (we were living 1/2 time here and 1/2 time there, so both fully furnished) sold after 6 hours on MLS with a guaranteed 30 day close. That January the highways were closed every day my husband had off to get down there so it was rushed and unorganized when we finally did clear that home out just in the nick of time. Long story short, finding a tool in the garage here (this home is much smaller than that one to compound things) was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

A sunny day here was celebrated with Valentines dinner a couple days early. Rib eye on the grill was the decision for today's supper as Wed the 14th is Ash Wednesday.
    Best we've had in quite some time!

Can't believe the month is almost half over with.....

11. Marshel54

Marshel54

I can relate to hunting for tools. That is why I have such an accumulation. It was quicker to purchase a new one than spend time searching.
    Long story short, our son bought a Mustang 10 years ago. When I came home from work, he was putting it into my workshop. I knew what was going to happen. He would tear the chit out of it and it would sit. I wasn't wrong. He put it in the middle of the shop and I told him to put off to the side. It is a 2 1/2 car garage. He argued and my wife sided with him. Being the bullheaded guy I am, I just threw up my hands and said OK. Haven't done anything for 10 years and wife has had to take her car to the mechanic when she needed it repaired. Car is gone now.

12. yooperdave

yooperdave

You're a patient man. It would've been gone here by the time the first snowballs flew!

13. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:hair: Lil one still needs to write another 25 valentines cards for school :faint:

14. basod

basod

You're a southerner now:thumbs:
    they charge you more at the grocery store because you don't sound like you're from 'round there

15. yooperdave

yooperdave

I remember those days....back from the dark ages! Grade school teacher used to give us a couple minutes to place them on the other students desks.

Also, had to make sure to pick out just the right card for that special girl! Which, by the way, never worked out!! :rofl: :lol:

16. basod

basod

is she a hot commodity?

17. basod

basod

my first grade crush was Melissa Sawyer - wow my brain still works
    She got the extra special one...and no it didn't work out

18. Marshel54

Marshel54

Awe, patience is not an attribute with me in the least. I contribute it to bullheadedness. I come by it naturally.
    I can not remember grandpa and grandma ever having a car. As the story goes, the car broke down and grandma started bi**hing grandpa out. After they got the car home, grandpa put a for sale sign on it. They never had a car since.

19. basod

basod

And I thought you guys talked chit on here...

20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Hee Hee, naw, there are only 30 kids in her entire school (K-5) so all of them give cards to eachother regardless of age. This flu and couple other things have put delay on getting them done :emb: But I guess it's good to practice writing...