After watching them for a while you noticed that they don't miss a thing. Always alert. We have several resident deer in town here and you can get quite close to them before they bolt away.
I love watchin' em. The Ministry of Natural Recourses is pushing for people not to feed them up here. They claim that too many people start and then stop. The Deer metabolism is fired up and they when feed is no longer available they are screwed. They also claim that common feed areas promote transmission of CWD.
If you go on his FB page, you will see where he explains what he is doing and when he does it. For example, no feeding during hunting season. The disease thing, he has been at this for a long time and not ill effects noted. I am very skeptical of what the wildlife staff tell us. They can be very political. Their way or the highway. Example, they want to control outdoor burning permits which they charge for, they want you to believe that there are no poisonous snakes in Maine. They entrap people by sending in game warden who do illegal thing in an effort to entrap others. I am NOT branding the whole service, most are hard working folks like most of us, but I will say the management has a lot of ill will created by some of their actions. I know some folks I feel that way about! The food isn't in the feeding station that long. What I have seen there many times are the turkeys. Lots of turkeys. This site with the live feed is very entertaining for some. I like watching them, but then I'm a very basic person.
While I agree with some of your position in regards to the enforcement end of it, the science of the deer herd management is a separate issue. CWD started in Colorado in a captive elk herd a number of years ago. It has now migrated east and north and has been confirmed in the deer population in a number of states. It is a contagious disease spread by saliva contact on feed in congregated feed plots. Effect on the human population is still a matter for debate and further research is needed. As much as we like to look at them, we are not doing them any favors by doing it. Once again, mankind has figured that they know more about the balance of nature than mother nature does............
That would be the Foothills Campus of Colorado State University in Fort Collins. The sheep pens & other livestock were not secure and the deer caught it, and yes, they did have captive deer and Elk (that the wild ones mingled with). It was concealed for couple decades while it spread so they could study it. Culling and quarantining the study specimines could have made a huge difference. Very sad. Cute link savemoney