In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Horkn

Horkn

Lol. Since they were Italian, they'd probably enjoy the motorcycle stuff. This actually was regarding Hydraulics for a train that can do 300 kmph, or 186 mph. Where the first one is going is restricted by the existing infrastructure to only go 160 mph.

2. Horkn

Horkn

I'm off of work tomorrow, so today was my Friday.

I'm going up by my mom tomorrow morning, and then on the way home bringing my brother back down with me to the airport on Sunday so he can fly home. My wife's been cooking easy to reheat/ cook meals for Mom.

3. yooperdave

yooperdave

Drive safe in that weekend sledneck rush.....

4. yooperdave

yooperdave

Looks like they gave her an extra months pay as a retirement bonus! :makeitrain" :banana: :dancer: :rootintootin:

5. Casper

Casper

I've got a couple of gigs down south this week. Saw some neat stuff with the kiddo the past few days.

I'm in Corpus Christi today, meeting at 10am and I can't sleep. We are staying at the Omni and it seems this side of the hotel transmits street noise into the room. I usually get a room with a view to the Bay, this trip a bunch of rooms are being renovated. Not enjoying this as much as normal.

Enough of me whining, are are a few pics.

Screenshot_20180126-040449.png Screenshot_20180126-040403.png Screenshot_20180126-040420.png

6. bogieb

bogieb

Can't beat that for an unexpected surprise

7. rottiman

rottiman

Sounds like a "1st retirement vacation trip" might be in order............................:rofl: :lol::thumbs:

8. lukem

lukem

Friday finally got here....was starting to wonder if it would.

9. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I was hoping that yesterday was Friday. Nope! Been a crazy busy week. I am looking forward to the weekend. Canadian women's curling championships start this weekend and go all next week. campinspecter will be able to watch some great curling next week while I am at work.

We didn't get snow last night and it looks dry out there for this morning's walk. Everyone have a great weekend.

10. chris

chris

37 deg f this morning. streets slick with stuff you can't see and slippery underfoot as well, welcome break from the single digits. Feb. around the corner always good for a bunch more of single digit temps.

11. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Good for her. We see lots of jabbing about when someone is not home all the time and especially if both are home all the time but I can say without a doubt that it is great having both partners home all day. I even remember telling my wife back when we started having kids that I looked forward to the time when it was just her and I again and when we retired it would be super being together all day long. I still have not changed my mind about that. We love it. Hope you do too.

papadave, yooperdave, bogieb and 11 others like this.
  12. rottiman

rottiman

X 2 here as well.....................

13. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Congrats to 99.

14. M2theB

M2theB

IMG_5339.JPG IMG_5341.JPG IMG_5342.JPG Was able to time my day to be west of the city by 13:00 and home by 15:30.
    Weather is perfect at a cloudless 30F or so. Said hello to the family unit, geared up and hiked back to the brook area, taking advantage of the longer day.
    I'll get the boys down there tomorrow to toss these back across and help me load them out with the ATV.

Thor, yooperdave, bogieb and 11 others like this.
  15. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

My view tonight. Soup on the stove, stoves loaded, cat shut up, wife’s heading home and I’m whooped!:whistle: Messy or not it’s home!

Nice to be home after a long day!

Hopefully you all are enjoying your night too. image.jpg

Thor, yooperdave, bogieb and 11 others like this.
  16. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Just got home... about two thirty... I thought wow... what a week it has been. Finally got some good energy vibes going today and fixed two machines that had been down for most all of the week... I was just going to cruise on into the finish line.... get a few more minor things done... Nope... about 3:15 a Hydraulic Hose burst and Hydraulic fluid was flowing.... so I had to make a run to the Hydraulic store for a replacement so I can get it up on Monday.... Now for supper and getting ready for another ten gallons on beer tomorrow....

17. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Nice picture of the brook.

18. M2theB

M2theB

Thanks for saying so
    During the summer it's nearly dry at that spot, which is about 3' deep down to glacial pavement. It's about 500 feet of mason quality canal in that area. It's unique to see it at that level and glad to capture it with the ice shelf bench mark

19. lukem

lukem

I'm whooped. About to take a shower, pour a bourbon, and sit down for the first time today.

20. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

I need to brew again:whistle: it’s been a while.....

Went from Ovid MI to ST Johns to Shepard MI to North Star MI to ST Johns then back to Ovid today. :salute: Fixed a few random things and then headed home. Long day of driving.

I believe I need to start workin g out again....