In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

First Ride..................

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Jan 28, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I started looking in July, picked these up in early August. Hopefully Cranberry has gas next year, I think Star Lake is the closest that has gas.
     
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Just some pictures of the ride today.
     

    Attached Files:

    Gasifier and Well Seasoned like this.
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Plenty of snow still. Enjoy it while it lasts!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We're losing it quick, even though it's been cold the sun is strong. We should get another weekend out of it if we want, I'll have it back in this weekend when I'm cutting.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Very nice. Cranberry must have had a hard time the last 7-8 years. So many mild winters with not much snow. Feast or famine for businesses. Too many famines for most.
     
  6. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    How is your cell reception near your place woods?
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Better than it use to be, when we first moved here it sucked.
     
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I was down through your hometown today, not much snow off the main route, how's the snow depth at your place?

    This is for the Watertown area, I'm thinking we'll get this.
    WINDS WILL BECOME GUSTY ON THURSDAY BEHIND AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE
    MOVING THROUGH QUEBEC. WIND GUSTS MAY REACH THE 40 TO 45 MPH RANGE
    NORTHEAST OF LAKES ERIE AND ONTARIO.
     
  9. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    We have had some melt, like you said about the sun being strong. So in is slowly decreasing. I'm going in with the tractor today to retrieve some wood and finish clearing some downed trees off the new road. Depth of snow ranges from a 4-5 inches in some areas to well over a foot in others that are in the shade because of the thick trees I guess.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The Mahindra's are in at the Wood Chop Shop, I think he said they have them at all 3 stores but have the most at the Canton Store.
     
  11. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Cool. I will check them out. I also need to take my wife out to dinner. Last time was 1844 house. This time will be Sergi's. :drool:
     
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    If you go to Sergi's in Canton, ask Franky for a dozen hot wings with his hottest sauce, instant F-ing tears, I ate the whole dozen with tears running down my face, the hottest sauce I've ever had.

    Tell Frank, Zap sent you. :popcorn:
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  13. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Have you lost your mind recently? I'm not doing that!
     
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    After pushing in some wood I hit the trails on our property then south on 8E for about 8 miles, when I came back I hit the State Park, all these pictures are from our property.
     

    Attached Files:

    Gasifier likes this.
  15. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    :thumbs:Very nice! Good day for riding today! Nice and clear and sunny.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  16. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Yes it is. In the woods was great but once I made my way to the State Park you could feel the wind you talked about in your post, not much but just enough you could feel it cool off.
     
  17. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I see both our areas might get some ice on Thursday night, they don't have any details yet.
     
  18. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    What the ? Are we going to get snow from this storm coming?
     
  19. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We might get some but nothing to worry about, certain areas on the coast might have coastal flooding because of the high winds, some could have an all out blizzard.
     
  20. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I don't want it. Mike from Maine was hoping for a blizzard though! :whistle: