In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I'm hearing bad things about Samsung. The computer monitor we have is a Samsung and has been a good one. In addition, our tv is also a samsung and is several years old. But, of course, if that thing is on 10 hours per year it is a lot. :whistle: :thumbs:

bogieb, NortheastAl, Eric VW and 6 others like this.
  2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Got rid of most of our snow and ice, thankfully. Now a couple of chilly days and then another warm up. Then, the weather guessers are saying the extreme cold should return to us in early February. But they aren't guessing as to how long it will stay.

bogieb, NortheastAl, Eric VW and 7 others like this.
  3. lukem

lukem

I have a Panasonic LCD TV that I bought 10 years ago and still runs like new. I also have a Samsung that is a couple years old and has been trouble-free.

4. fishingpol

fishingpol

We had 29* this morning and fog that froze on everything. The roads weren't bad and the weather guessers said 50* by noon. It ended raining pretty heavily with temps around 34*. Road crews did good, but lots of accidents on secondary roads. Ice covers everything now and power outages are rolling in.

No wind which is great, but the rain is continuing.

20180123_121941.jpg
    1516740046467-741659652.jpg

15167401064031450277959.jpg

5. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I just made a run to grab some salt for the driveway, it was a skating rink. Pulled something in my shoulder shuffling around with the 40lb bag of salt. It's radiating up my neck and giving me a headache. Awesome.

6. Horkn

Horkn

My commute in to work was straight up crazy. Ice was under the couple inches of snow. Oh well. I got to work safe, and without incident.

I have to attempt to snowblow the driveway tonight. I also have to fire up the laptop and get a few orders out. We're so busy at work, it's insane.

7. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I looked out the door today and just decided to stay home. Crashing the company car brings too many headaches

8. Horkn

Horkn

Well, the snowblowing is done. There's a layer of ice right on the blacktop. That will have to get taken care of by the sun later this week.

9. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

This weather is really screwing with my body! I’ve had all I want of the -10 one day 50 the next stuff:whistle:

10. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Insulated or not, a uni-tard is not appropriate work wear. Layers, layers are the way to go. - that includes arms and legs, not just core.
    Give it a try!! You'll not regrat it. ;)

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

11. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Regrat, eh...?
    I can’t tie anything to that one....:rofl: :lol::thumbs:

12. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

My job here is done... :yes:

13. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Oh, it’s early out there bud....:rofl: :lol:

14. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

It is, but I gotta diagnose my 6-wheeler's brakes. Rear brakes have no pressure, fronts are locked up. I have 1"-3" coming in on Friday, it's gotta be ready!!! :rofl: :lol:

15. Horkn

Horkn

Feed thong goes over the unitard.

Beetle-Kill Is there a leak in your hose? Any puddles on the ground, or seepage? What kind of Pee-SI do you have going on there?

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  16. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Was down with the Norovirus stomach bug since Sunday night. Went from grandkids to my wife, son, me, now our other son, the grands Dad. Daughter in law is the only one hasn’t gotten it...yet. damm that thing was nasty and I’m just now feeling better. Hearing a lot of people are getting it. The weired thing is it can incubate for two weeks. Stay healthy everyone.

17. bogieb

bogieb

I misremembered what the tube TV was - it was a Sony Wega that only lasted 4-5 years.

18. leoht

leoht

We are heading back in to triple digit temperatures this weekend, so yesterday afternoon I drove down to Melbourne and purchased the biggest swamp cooler I could find.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to take the old work ute instead of one of the 4x4 trucks, it's much easier to drive in the city traffic as its not much bigger than a sedan. I left home at 2:30pm was through town and on the freeway by 3pm, cruised down the western freeway at 110kph (68mph) had to slow for 3 sets of roadworks, however it was still a pleasant drive until I hit the outer suburbs at 4pm where the traffic started getting heavy. Still went well at 80kph (50mph) until I got to the Westgate bridge. Stop start stop start max speed 20kph (12.5mph).

Then the dash beeps and the gas pump light comes on, the distance to empty reads 80km, I figured no problem I have 15 km to my destination I will get gas after I pick up the cooler. 1/2 hour later and I have only traveled 6 kilometres (4 miles) distance to empty now reads 40km (25 miles).

At this point I had a decision to make, do I get off the freeway and take the surface roads or continue in to the Burnley tunnel which is 3.4 km (2.1mi) 3 lane tunnel that dives under the Yarra river and part of the suburb of Richmond, I opted for the tunnel,

Mistake! The traffic still not flowing I spent the next 1/2 hour frantically scanning between the clock the gas gauge which is on empty and the distance to empty.

5pm there's daylight at the end of the tunnel, crawling up the climb towards the end of the tunnel at 20kph (12.5mph) I see my exit to Burnley st just as the tunnel ends I accelerate up the off ramp then slow for a stop light then the engine quits. yep out of gas distance to empty readout 30km left "BULLCHIT" 1.6km (1mi) from my destination and 30 minutes until the warehouse closes.

So here I am frustrated and running late , pushing 1.6 metric ton of Aussie steel to a relatively safe spot off the road, not a designated parking spot however.

I abandoned the ute and started marching towards a gas station that I know is 3 blocks away, as I approach the first corner I come across a workshop that I kid you not is full of Ferries, Masaraties and other exotic sports cars. I walked in and the first bloke I see I say Mate I'm wondering if you can help me out? I explain my situation and ask. Is there any chance that you have a Jerry can with some fuel that I can buy from you?

This young bloke thinks for a second then said yes we should be able to help.

He proceeds to put a gallon of race gas from a drum that is beside a Ferrari race car in to a can for me and I hand him $20, grab the can and tell him if it works I will be back in a few minutes to return the can, I then March back to the stranded ute and pour the little can of gas in the tank, I sat in the drivers seat prayed then turned the key.

It started! I went back to the workshop and returned the gas can, thanked them very much then proceeded to my destination.

I arrived at the warehouse 5 minutes before closing time! Picked up the swamp cooler and was still tying it down to the bed of the ute when they were closing the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

Howd the old ute like the race gas and didja member to full er up before the trek home?

20. leoht

leoht

It ran gooder however I drove very carefully until I got to the gas station and filled her up. I had embarrassed myself enough for one day I wasn't gonna make that mistake again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk