In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New kitchen window going in!

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by Pallet Pete, Jan 18, 2018.

  1. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Something's missing.
    All I see is a hole in the wall. :whistle:
     
  3. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Wallside windows r zippy fast!
    Nice n air tight.

    735E481C-3C16-4A0D-9F00-21B2CA207D52.jpeg
     
  4. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
  5. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Man that’s a tight window!
     
    wildwest, Chvymn99, papadave and 2 others like this.
  6. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    While the window was getting done we made the poor guys hungry with the crock pot smells...

    I feel sorta bad about that!

    image.jpg
     
    milleo, brenndatomu, wildwest and 4 others like this.
  7. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
  8. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Thanks brother tasty shrimp!
     
  9. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,635
    Location:
    Vermont
    They better be its January and cold outside. Looking real good there Pete!
     
  10. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Thanks brother!

    We kept the stove rolling while the window got installed and it actually hit 40F with sunshine it was great!

    I’ve got nothing but good things to say about the installers. We even talked woodstoves :rofl: :lol: One of them has a stove bird problem...
     
  11. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    That looks a lot like the ones we just had put in. Yep, nice and tight....and quieter than the old winders too.:thumbs:
     
  12. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Did you have a window thread? I must have missed that!

    O man they are very quiet! Virtually no noise from outside.
     
  13. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    So worth it.

    I had an old single pane Andersen crank out hopper window over the sink. I replaced it with a 400 series and it was such an improvement. No more drafts or foggy window.
     
  14. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Let the demo begin.........WOOHOO!
     
    Pallet Pete and wildwest like this.
  15. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,635
    Location:
    Vermont
    fishingpol would you recommend the Anderson 400 series? How long you had them etc? The reason I ask is I have replaced 10 windows in this 36 year old house. And probably have another 15 to do. The real issue is vinyl windows will not go in this house they will stick out like a sore thumb.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  16. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I really like them. No issues, installed well. No complaints. I bought them for the wood interior trim. They must be in close to 10 years now. No regrets.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  17. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,635
    Location:
    Vermont
    thanks fishingpol, yeah my house probably has more wood than sheet rock. So 10 years is a good recommendation.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  18. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    CB, I put 5 400s in the stove room about 2 years ago. Very nice windows.
    We wanted the wood inside as well on those.
     
    Canadian border VT and wildwest like this.
  19. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,635
    Location:
    Vermont
    Thanks papadave, I do have 7 of Anderson 700 series iirc, full screen double hung put in 10 years ago. They were :makeitrain"to be fair they are also 48 wide and 66 tall. Got a little frustrated when Anderson did not cover my side by side crank outs, which are bigger, people that built house liked glass but not air. Double hung replaced 3/4 fixed glass with casement bottoms.
     
    Pallet Pete, papadave and wildwest like this.
  20. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,632
    Location:
    IN
    I have 3 giant fixed pane windows in my living room I want to replace. They are double paned but you wouldn't know it by the amount of ice they collect when it gets real cold. I need to take some measurements and send them to my window guy. I'm sure it won't be cheap.