In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Knee deep in snow and loving it

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Woodsnwoods, Jan 7, 2018.

  1. Woodsnwoods

    Woodsnwoods

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2015
    Messages:
    3,067
    Likes Received:
    20,081
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY
    Dropped a few trees today. 15 degrees and knee deep in snow First is a small hard maple. Second is an ash I dropped right on the maple stump!! Could not do it again if I tried. 461 if anyone wants to know. Second post coming for the third tree as it did not go so well 6F1BC146-1EAE-4D9F-8BF1-C8B10E391190.jpeg 494786AC-E920-4934-847F-988B06FBB199.jpeg
     
    CHeath, Lone_Gun, shack and 7 others like this.
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Nice work Woodsnwoods , it finally stopped snowing after 60 hours.......did I read that right?
     
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Nice job! How you yanking it out with snow so deep?
     
  4. Woodsnwoods

    Woodsnwoods

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2015
    Messages:
    3,067
    Likes Received:
    20,081
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY
    It’s close to home, once the snow melts I will winch it out with my skidding winch. Getting them down before sap flows!
     
  5. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,153
    Location:
    Central MI
    Looks to be lots of work coming up even before you can buck that beast.