In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

East Coast, keep your...............

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Mar 4, 2014.

  1. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    It is blowing all over the place here. So it is hard to tell how much we have so far. But I would guess there is 4-5 inches on the ground already. And it is coming down strong right now. I think you may be right about the wood. But, once I get everything cleaned up and I clear the road to camp, I can use the bucket on the Bobcat to clear around a few trees I want down that are right next to the road. We will see what kind of mess we end up with. May have to wait until next week until we get some melting. Or later! :rolleyes:
     
  2. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Wicked here. We are at least six inches of new snow deep. Just shoveled some of it. Blowing all over though. Strong winds. Wait for a while till the wind dies down a bit. Just want to keep it from piling up too deep near the doors.
     
  3. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Are they forecasting 20 inches for you guys ?
     
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Nasty here too, it looks like I'll venture out to plow for the second time.
     
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    10-20 inches for our area, 10 by tomorrow morning which I think will be more. It's suppose to last until 8 tomorrow night.
     
  6. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Sounds exciting up there guys. Just stinking rain so far here.
     
  7. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    rain here, too. 55ºF
    wind this aft but quiet now
    snow should be gone by morning
     
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    If this keeps up my bet is the county will close the roads, just the drifting in our driveway is bad, can't imagine what the roads are like.

    The snow is not wet & heavy, sugar snow which is nice to plow.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  9. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    《《《《We like pics》》》 :drool:
     
  10. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Just got back from the store, I guess they decided not to do Any salting the roads are just packed down ice now.
    Snow stopped 6 hours ago
     
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'll get some tomorrow morning, I left the camera in the house because it had calmed down some, once I started plowing it did pick up again.
     
  12. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Winds are roaring right now. Hearing either branches or trees coming down. I hate that when its time to lay down. One was not far behind the house. 42°F now, dropping down to 15°F in a couple hours time, so winds upgraded to gusts up to 60mph in any storms that may roll through. I love the woods, but I've said it before, these trees all over certainly scare the chit out of me when winds get like this. I'll report any damage in the am.......be safe
     
  13. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Winds are still gusting. Minimal snow, trees/branches down, no power in a lot of areas. -3°F WC.
     
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Stay safe. It's colder but a beautiful day, I did get the driveway plowed (pictures later) I also took the sled into the woods so I could pack down the trails again, just one spot I had to back down because the drifts were to high.

    I'm not sure on the snow totals but my guess would be 12-14 inches, hard to tell because of the drifting.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  15. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Nice zap... hope the sledding stays good awhile.
     
  16. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    I inspected alittle of the grounds after work. A huge red oak widow maker finally came down. Its been hanging since oct '11. Still too windy to explore further, but I'll scout things out this weekend.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.