In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Back in the saddle

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by mike bayerl, Dec 10, 2017.

  1. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    After a broken foot this summer and crazy travelling for work and deer season chewing up this fall ,I finally got out to split and stack some wood that was waiting for me. I got about a cord of mixed hardwoods done. 20171210_162959.jpg
     
  2. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Nice work Mike:yes:
    $ in the bank....:)
     
  3. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    Nice and high off the ground! Concrete blocks, pallets, did I miss a layer?
     
  4. Mag Craft

    Mag Craft

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    4,802
    Likes Received:
    27,736
    Location:
    South East Wyoming
  5. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    Actually, there's oak 4x4's too. I have a gross excess of chestnut oak lumber, so I put a couple of sticks to use.
     
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Nice work Mike, how's the foot?
     
  7. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,851
    Likes Received:
    121,357
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    So satisfying to look at your stacks after all that hard work!
    Nice :stack::stack::stack::stack::stack::stack:
     
  8. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    Foot is healed. Gets sore if I walk on it too much.
     
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Get a cold and then have the better half rub this on your feet (put your own socks on) your feet will feel better and the cold will be gone in two days. :D
    [​IMG]
     
    mike bayerl, Flatlander Pete and Thor like this.