Out of mostly scrap. What do you do with some old bush hog blades? Turn em into a swinging target. I had a couple sizes of steel tubing hanging around as well. The only things I bought were the 4 pieces of rebar and a couple carriage bolts and wing nuts. $10 total at the most. Getting there Done Let the fun begin
Yeah, rings pretty good with a .22 as well. We gave it a workout with 9, 40, and 45 and it held up like a champ.
I was getting a bit worried about your backstop in the first two photos. Definite improvement with the third.
Glad you Posted this. I've got a cpl questions. I bought one to shoot my pistols at. 9 40 and 44mag to be specific. I have never shot at metal. Its still in the box. What's the safe distance for shooting at swinging metal? How bad do the projectile fragments ricochet? I have this vision of a hit right on the edge and causing a 90 degree ricochet.
Wear eye protection at all times. Most posted distances for pistol are 10-15 yards for 9 and 40. I have seen 20-25 yards for magnum calibers.
I can tell you that I've shot at steel target plates, and the splatter was considerable. You don't need to hit on the edge, either. Our club had to erect a fence off to the side to keep the shrapnel from getting to a parking area. Definitely treat ricochets and splatter with serious consideration.
That's what I was afraid of. I have a great backstop but not so much in the side to side areas. I also have neighbors with distant structures on both sides but the rear is clear. Guess I will give it away since the box got rained on.
Yep. We were shooting at steel out in the snow and you can see from the pattern in the snow just how much splatter there is and how far it goes. I like the target though! Reminds me of Hickok 45 on youtube.