Pic 8731 is a yellow birch that came down up in the bowl but was hung up in a hemlock, I drop that (pic 8737) which the deer should eat the buds, 8732 is a beech that came down last year that I'll grab once the ground thaws, pics 8739 & 40 are some hemlocks for the deer.
I don't think I've ever seen nibble signs on hemlock. I've seen what they can do to yews and arborvitaes though.
I might be back in that area tomorrow where I dropped the small Hemlock, if I go back I'll grab a pic, my bet is some of it is gone.
I'd surely like to get some soft maples cut for our deer but it is just too hard getting around in the woods yet. If it is too hard for the atv, then it is also too hard for me. This old body does not need to struggle through this snow and ice.
I went up in the bowl so I could check the deer food I dropped yesterday, they went to town. Pic 8744 is the after of pic 8739. Hemlock Pic 8745 is the after of pic 8740. Hemlock Pic 8746 is the after of pic 8737. Yellow Birch