Last Sunday I posted about my wife getting boxed in by a tornado on her drive home. In that thread I mentioned I called my buddy to see if my wife could hunker down at his place for the night if necessary. She was within walking distance. He later called and said he had lost his roof. It was an understatement. This past week we organized a work day for yesterday, Saturday. It was the first time I saw his place in person. One thing I learned after Katrina, is pictures never tell the whole story. This was no different. Trees, lots of trees. We had at least 10-12 people running saws from about 9am til 3:00pm. Probably cut 12-14 cords into firewood length and split most of it manually or with the vertical hydraulic splitter. We had 50+ people show up. I'll let pics speak for themselves
Sorry this had to happen. However, it is heart warming to see a community come together to help those in need.
Adjuster was there Thursday, it is still tarped. The construction crew is gutting the house to the studs because of rain intrusion, even to the lower floor. They are going to rebuild the house, which my buddy is grateful for. Garage is a total loss. We only dealt with stuff in the yard, contractor will deal with house and garage.
Thank goodness he had insurance and they are going to make it right. I would be homeless if that happened to me.
damm...Very cool that all the people volunteered to help! Wishing the best outcome possible for your friend Casper