Category was "Tinder"-Answers included maul, Sugar Maple, half-cord, kindling and sawdust...I aced it We're getting recognized...Anyone see it and feel proud?
The $1000. Question was something like "Axes can get stuck, rather use this 4 letter word for heavy hammer"...No competitors got that one or the Sugar Maple..."This state tree of Vermont is valued for both its wood and syrup"-Was just kinda cool seeing that as a category...We clean up nice you know???
Yep. Got the ones I paid attention to. We answer out loud like we're on the show or something, but I never phrase the answer as a question.
Just "what is or who is"-Love the show and love our craft got some props...Was impressed with the guy answering the 64 sq ft question because "we are not building that big of a fire so this measurement is half of the standard measurement"... What is a half-cord? Ding ding ding....That guy won this installment of the "Tournament of Champions"-
Thats another show we try to catch every night and yes, last night we did watch. After not a single contestant buzzed in for the "What is a maul" question/answer 99 laughed and said to me while shaking her head, "city people....." I was wondering if anyone form here had watched, also. On a sidenote, "Axle" sure does love to pronounce his french now doesn't he?
Watched the show. Was only half paying attention until I heard the Timber category. Aced the category.
Because they are not answers-questions; I wish Jeopardy would just drop that "state it as a question" thing. For the example you just gave, ask "What is a maul" and do you answer with "Axes can get stuck, rather use this 4 letter word for heavy hammer." No, of course not, that would be a stupid answer to the question, "What is a maul?"
This Cordless tool maker, sold at Home Despot....Or a British stick stuck in the southern U.S. mudd..... "What is Rigid?"
Maul: A heavy hammer with a long handle used to drive wedges to split wood. A tool like a sledgehammer with one wedge-shaped end that is used to split wood Therefore, shouldn't the answer given on Jeopardy be just that? Seriously, the next time you watch Jeopardy, see how many of the answers are not really answers at all; you can easily see this by reversing the question-answer and see how stupid the answer sounds as applied to the question.
Ugh, perhaps not on your side of the pond...Can honestly say I've never heard anyone refer to Jeopardy as stupid so we'll just make\ keep the rules the same as they've been for lets say at least the last 40 yrs...And I've seen many intelligent women reign for days as champion...The lady doth protest too much methinks..."What is a boot?" Hope all are well