In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I dont need no stinking chaps!

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Loon, Oct 30, 2017.

  1. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border
  2. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Whoa! That looked painful but where was the blood?
     
    Loon, yooperdave and 460magpro like this.
  3. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    No blood.............just soy sauce............
     
  4. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    You know what they say......it only hurts if you live. He lived, and I'm sure he's hurtin.....
     
    Rope, Jack Straw, Loon and 2 others like this.
  5. Casper

    Casper

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2017
    Messages:
    1,710
    Likes Received:
    9,667
    Location:
    Ohio
    Is that one of those cheap Chinese imports?
     
    Loon likes this.
  6. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    I'm betting that's a homegrown saw, in this instance......;)
     
    Rope, Loon and Casper like this.
  7. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,382
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Judging from how many trees were left, he was just about done working anyway.
     
    Loon and papadave like this.
  8. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Ouchie.
    I don't read whatever Asian subtitley stuff that was goin' on there, but I wonder if that was real or a PSA enactment to show the dangers of chainsaws.
    Maybe chainsaws should be banned as lethal weapons. :picard: Speaking of Lethal Weapon, wasn't there a scene in one of those movies where someone used a CS on a bad guy?
     
    Rope and Loon like this.
  9. JIMBETHYNAME

    JIMBETHYNAME

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2016
    Messages:
    588
    Likes Received:
    2,133
    Location:
    Poughkeepsie ny
    Thats SCARFACE.
     
    Rope and papadave like this.
  10. Rope

    Rope

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2017
    Messages:
    5,752
    Likes Received:
    34,118
    Location:
    Alaska
    Crazy right there. I am sure I am not the only one with some scars. I got my chain stopped with just two cutters in my leg. Chain break saved the day, right on the knee cap. Could have been bad, chaps were on the snow machine. Was moose hunting and had to clear one tree off the trail. As the saw was existing the bottom of the tree, waist high. I broke through the crust on top of two foot of snow. The momentum of all comeing together. As I felt the crust break I set the chain break, narrowly escaping big trouble. I was about 25-30 miles off the highway, and once at the highway another 310-320 miles to the hospital. Glad when my employer was looking for volunteers to sent to EMT cert. That I would need my skills on me. Work al of a sudden had lots of volunteers.