In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

East Coast, keep your...............

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Mar 4, 2014.

  1. brokenwing

    brokenwing

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2013
    Messages:
    644
    Likes Received:
    1,701
    Location:
    Northern MD, Near the PA LIne
    Thats all we need, fingers crossed this one will be a flop!
     
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Gasifier likes this.
  3. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    Unless it's a warm dry sunny Spring day forecast I really don't want to hear it. :mad:

    Are their ads getting longer or is that a daytime thing
     
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    :thumbs:Going to miss us all together than. Right? Why is it when I put my cursor at the end of the sentence and go to add a smiley the smiley goes where it wants to and jumps up to the front of the sentence? Are they more "intellegent" than we know of?
     
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Today when he drew a box for the area that would get hit, all of NYS was in it, the cold air should be on the northwest side of this storm which means we could get hit with 6 plus inches of snow, could be more.
     
  7. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    you know what is keeping winter around don't you. You see, old man winter thinks he is still wanted. Drive around and see all those Christmas wreaths still hanging on the doors. See those strings of lights that yet to come down. Small wonder he won't leave. He thinks he is still popular.
     
    brokenwing likes this.
  8. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I've been telling everyone to open their doors and windows of their houses, cars, trucks, everything and crank their heaters. No?
     
    Well Seasoned and savemoney like this.
  9. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I hope we don't get a bunch more snow. Do I drink too much caffeine? :emb:Or do you guys sometimes have a hard time getting through his entire videos of his projections too? The weather guy I mean.
     
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I started to follow him when he called for some of the wind events we received last year, he called for them earlier than anyone else so following the info in his vids is just part of being ready.

    I wish that I had followed him when we had a wind event that I was caught in on Rte. 56 in Colton, trees coming down behind me coming down the road to Kunoco, I made it inside Kunoco, once the storm settled some I left heading south, there was one Pine tree on a car :eek: I checked it but nobody was inside (town truck grabbed the person) what an azz puckering ride.
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Not much new on this thing yet today, it does look like it's heading east of us, more and more with each update.

    I missed this.
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-video/winter-storm-threat-plains-to-northeast/655578741001
     
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's tracking back our way Gasifier, the first pic was an earlier track and the last pic is the track they put out tonight.
     

    Attached Files:

  14. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
  15. brokenwing

    brokenwing

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2013
    Messages:
    644
    Likes Received:
    1,701
    Location:
    Northern MD, Near the PA LIne
    were at a 70 percent chance of rain Thursday, I think we might luck out. I see snow in the forecast though for next Monday. Any ideas on that one?
     
  16. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm not sure on the following Mondays forecast.
     
  17. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Nope. Maybe we'll put more wood in before the storm.
    WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...
    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING.
    * LOCATIONS...THE ENTIRE NORTH COUNTRY.
    * HAZARD TYPES...MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW.
    * ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 14 INCHES OF SNOW...HIGHEST ACROSS CENTRAL AND SOUTH-CENTRAL VERMONT.
    * MAXIMUM SNOWFALL RATE...1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR...MAINLY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH EVENING.
    * TIMING...LIGHT SNOW WILL DEVELOP WEDNESDAY MORNING AND INCREASE IN INTENSITY BY THE AFTERNOON AND OVERNIGHT HOURS WEDNESDAY NIGHT. SNOW WILL THEN BEGIN TO TAPER OFF FROM WEST TO EAST GOING INTO THURSDAY MORNING.
    * IMPACTS...SLOW TRAVEL ON AREA ROADWAYS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING...AND DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS.
    * WINDS...NORTH 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.
    * TEMPERATURES...HIGHS IN THE MID 20S. LOWS 6 TO 12 ABOVE.
    * VISIBILITIES...1 MILES OR LESS AT TIMES IN HEAVIER SNOWFALL.
    PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
    A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
     
  18. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
  19. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
  20. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Yup. Looking worse for here too.