in laws love in Waterville next time wife goes over I'm stopping by you far from rout 2? pm me if ya wzntL
While reading the history of Maine, I came across where Maine once had far LESS forest than it does now. There where fields for animals where now there is forest. Huge difference. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was true where your cabin is. That is the way it was where my home is. There are rock walls all through the woods around me. Lots of other areas with barbed wire imbedded in the trunks of trees. Fascinating.
Yup... rock walls all over the area where the cabin is Larry. And, you hit it on the head with your comment about no trees years ago. The small hill/mt the cabin is on, now has 60-70' maples, ash, oak, etc... around 1920, it was all open with just a few small bush pines scattered around. I've seen old b & w pics of the hill. No trees. Very strange.
Very cool Stinny! Great for you guys! I "herd" that wildwest' ancestors had goats all over this country a long time ago. You never know!
Yup, it's quite a gift dropped in our laps for sure T. We'd given up with the idea of spending money we dint really have on clearing it out. Oughta open up the view some more too. And, all of it might get me more fired up to get up theya more...
Sounds like a good deal Stinny. It seems that I remember you posting about that very spot a few years back. Right?
Once the view is back, it will really be an enjoyable place to sit a spell and relax. Alders are a real weed out here and it doesn't take long for them to take over any cleared land.