In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Chains

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by MikeInMa, Aug 25, 2017.

  1. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,836
    Likes Received:
    114,685
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but does anyone have a go-to place for new chains?

    I use Oregon G66's with my Huskys

    Time to get a few new ones, I believe. I've gotten them in the past from amazon, HD, and local power equip shop.
     
  2. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
  3. mirnldi

    mirnldi

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2017
    Messages:
    429
    Likes Received:
    2,156
    Location:
    Ct
    eBay usually $5-$7 per chain cheaper than the dealer


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
  4. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,479
    Likes Received:
    113,734
    Location:
    KC Metro
    I go to my Stihl dealer... if I buy three I get a price break with cash...
     
  5. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,153
    Location:
    Central MI
    We have a John Deere dealership close by and when we buy any Stihl chain we get a second one for half price. Good enough for me.
     
    Ralphie Boy likes this.
  6. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    Yes. My Stihl Dealer does, buy 2 get 1 free.
     
  7. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,698
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Local hardware store makes them form a roll. He gets .19 a link. Oregon chain. Cheapest I have found, other than buying one from china. He doesn't do Stihl tho

    Apple meadow hardware in Townsend
     
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Ralphie Boy likes this.
  8. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I have bought the last few on eBay from a place called lawnmowerpartsworld. Oregon full chisel.
     
  9. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,648
    Likes Received:
    39,072
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    My local Stihl dealer has specials on chain quite often for a buck an inch.
     
  10. Hinerman

    Hinerman

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    Messages:
    680
    Likes Received:
    2,865
    Location:
    NE Oklahoma