This was left for me today. Oak from down the street from me. Looks like 2 pickup loads. Perfect 16" cuts. From one of the tree services that drops me wood from time to time. I gave him a Mingo marker a while back and he likes to use it. Yes, you can tell me that I suck.
That is great. It is good to see the wood not going to some junk pile somewhere and will be used to keep you warm. Already cut to 16" rounds is icing on the cake.
Well he does QC before it gets delivered. Last time he offered me wood it didn't show. Few days later he told me his crew didn't use the Mingo marker and cut it all to random lengths so he gave it to someone else. He said he really likes the Mingo as he has a stove and sells some some firewood too. Since I gave it to him he takes care of me. Well spent $25 that keeps paying dividends.
Nope. We're good to about 18 or so but it really sucks when you scrape up some coals in behind a piece when loading and it does become that millimeter too long so I go for 16.
Pretty Slick Trick, giving him that Mingo marker He gets a nice gift, you get wood you don't have to re-cut But, yeah, you do suck