I'm not sure if I put this up before but I first found this when I took about a two month break from the site, I'll get it down this September.
I've got a maple that's been standing dead for a couple of years now. Twin trunks about 15ft up. not too thick.. maybe 10" cross at hip height. Will have a buddy spot me when I take it down in a few weeks, as it's a twisty bugger, leaning a couple different ways.. Will probably get a come-along on it, up as high as I can get it and then go at it. A couple of dead ash as well.. about same thickness. And, a dead standing red oak. Tight quarters among other trees. They take up less space, when standing.
That area needs some brush removal before I get it on the ground but it's a nice flat area to work. We'll always take more maple, hard or soft.
Because of certain things that have happened the last two years in our family plus the wet summer, I haven't cut what I usually do but I'll make it up this fall.
That's just an opening in the woods behind the maple that the sun is hitting. Each time I clean that area up that the suns hitting in the back, mother nature drops four more pine. I'll get a trail in there this spring....again!