well, either way you slice it, if those models are right....we're gonna get HAMMERED here. I'm all for one last big HOORAH!! Bring it!!
Snow squalls on way home tonight.. Took over 2 hrs. to get home.. Might get a snow storm for Monday again!
Be safe zap! This am we drove in a complete and utter white out on the way in. We also Missed a big accident by literally inches.... It was awful driving conditions and though the sky has cleared once you leave the main roads it's an icy mess. It took three attempts to even move the Blazer this morning then another two to get up and out the driveway. I'm ready for spring rains!
I'm glad you missed the accident. I don't think we'll get much from this storm, it keeps on tracking south every time I see an update.
Well, after an entire winter of snow and cold, snow cover ALL winter, sub zero temps, it all melted in one day February 20th. Ice jams and flooding. I really thought it was winter's last hoorah. Nope, this weekend we are back at it here and then it is going NE towards most of you guys on this forum. Good luck all! I wish I had more wood in the wood shed, but I have been trying to gauge it so it is empty at the end of the burning season. I need the space in the summer for other stuff. Oh well, I have dug through the snow to my stacks before, so I guess I can do it again if I have to.
Just was going through some old pictures and found this one from 02 or 03. This is looking south down our road. Our driveway would be in the lower left of the picture. Easy cutting! The whole mile section of our road looked like this. Gary
They dropped us down to 5-8" again on Monday. If the storm is south of you we may get dumped on down here. They can't lock in any amounts till the snowing has almost started. They start off higher, and then revise the amounts during the storm. I'm just glad they didn't blow it by being too conservative in their estimates of snowfall. Nothing like waking up to 20" when they called for flurries overnight. Happened twice in the late 70s about a week apart.
Gotta say, you do like your snow, Scotty. I remember when I liked it too. Age has a way of changing one's opinion of snow events.
Just another frigid morning up here in the Woodlands, -21 with the windchill. I did take a ride on the sled yesterday afternoon (left the picture taker at home) the trails are getting thin so without any snow the season is getting shorter. I do plan on cutting some Hemlock branches off a fallen tree today so the deer can get at the needles on the very ends of the branch, they ate everything else.
Funny thing is I tried to work out there last night and it was -25 with wind chills so after an hour of trying to get past 40f I gave up and came in. This morning it's beautiful -10 according to my gauge but the garage is warmed up to 55f and feels very nice.
We have this winter beat Pete, a few more days of this cold weather........... I'll say spring will be upon us, winters over except for one big snowfall that we usually get. I was back in on the sled last night, I saw my first job on the side of a hill, a nice Beech. What we used this year is already replaced.
That they will because they arrived! Getting an early start tomorrow. -3°F start time@7am. Might need to bring ball mitts.