The stove I am looking at is supposedly eligable for 10% back in government incentives. Has anyone done this? What is the process?
I did it last year. Assuming you're talking about federal-level incentives, it's a renewable energy income tax credit for 10% of the cost, $300 max credit. Just an extra bit of paperwork at tax time.
Looks like you can still get the credit for stoves purchased in 2013: http://energystar.supportportal.com...?deptID=23018&task=knowledge&questionID=16629
"The stove I am looking at" Tells me it hasn't been purchased yet. Grizz and I both waited too long. Wish I'd had the money for a new stove when the 30% credit was in effect.
Griz, some states may still have some incentives but I looked up Iowa and they are not on the list. Sorry about that.
With the EPA looking out for our back side we will all be given new stoves that will exhaust fresh air.
I wouldn't want to invest any major sum of money with these incentives even if the start them up again. Having some issues right now in the trucking industry where "they" grandfathered in certain equipment specs 7 years ago. Now "they" are outlawing same said specs with mandatory retrofit by the end of this year to the tune of $10-$12K per truck.