Nice! I think the front is about to come through and drop us back to the lower 90's.... I'm probably 45 to 60 days away from that....
No end in site for this humidity here. Calling for a low of 70 here tonight and a dew point of 70 97% humidity i just cant handle that!!
I will take all the heat because I just told my wife in April I am so ready to run around in a tee shirt and shorts cold weather hangs on too long
Our AC hasn't been running right - think it's low on refrigerant. Anyway we haven't used it much this year. Box fans, ice water, and trips to the cottage have been our main relief from the heat. But between not running the AC plus switching to LED bulbs in Feb, has at least given us some nice relief on the electric bill!
Shawn Curry that is always great when the electric bill goes down! They installed a new meter on ours so I'm anxious to see if there is any change but hope not as ours has been going down for some time now. Had a couple below $40 lately which is nice. It was nice sleeping with the windows open last night and air still off. It is a bit humid but not terribly hot so not bad. The next couple of days look to be good then back to the ugly stuff again.
Cordin to our bill last month I'm broke now! Oh yeah the new hot tub is coming Wednesday tried to get the wood fired one but they didn't have one in stock! I'm thinking soaking in this after CSS a cord or two some time in January will be pretty good though
Cool dry air settled in here too. It was a nice relief from the humidity. It does make it feel like summer is slipping away though.
Doors, windows, and curtains closed (allowing no sunlight/solar gain) at the cottage all weekend. Once evening came, opened windows for the cool breeze and left them open all night to cool the place for the next day. Slept nice two nights in a row...until those damm crows started anyway! Today was a different story. Got up to 58 with a heavy mist (windshield wipers required) all day!
Send some my way! Getting tired of pouring rain and when it's not raining the 80degrees and 96-98% humidity is terrible
Heh. Went down to 59ºF outside here when it started raining this morning. Should I go around and close the windows or see if someone starts a fire cuz they're cold. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter and finding humor in things is supposed to help you live longer.
you guys complaining about the heat.. it's July temp here is 58 high today might get to 62.. a little humid as its still rainingI think we had 3 days so far above 80 with no rain Fri and Saturday so went haying... summer in the north is nice short but nice
Low 60's sound great! The neighbor baled across from the house end of last week and now the rounds are sitting since we've had major rain and he doesn't want to rut up the hay lot yuck!
This morning was beautiful even though it was cloudy. At noon the temperature was 64 with calm wind. Felt great! Sun came out around 2:30 then it warmed to 74. Nice day!