In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A little help from up North

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Beetle-Kill, Jul 10, 2017.

  1. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Had a few guests for the last couple of days. Some of the Montana crew were here for a nice visit. Couple of the boys came down and they went to work!!
    Friday night they went to town in my overgrown back area. Trust me, the hatchets were flying. So come Sat. morning, they wanted to go down to Denver to pick up the "new" wood chipper. Long story short, we chipped most of Sat. afternoon and a number of hours on Sunday. You can actually see across the creek now.
    Yes, there's still a lot to be done, but they got the ball rolling. So a big hat tip and Thank You! to Jayden and Damon! Well Seasoned will be kind enough to post a few pics. for me in a bit, I can explain them then. JB
     
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    More than one usually results in more than double the work getting done. With 3, WOOHOO!!
    Just waiting on the :ithappened:.
     
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
  4. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,178
    Likes Received:
    166,481
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    What no help from anyone "with a very particular set of skills"?

    ;)

    Nice work!
     
  5. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,724
    Likes Received:
    224,422
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    [​IMG]
     
  6. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Thank you- Well Seasoned!
    And that skill set,.. yeah...that'd be Gina, their Grandmother. She chipped in too. :rofl: :lol:
     
  7. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,724
    Likes Received:
    224,422
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    I think I can see some gold in that creek......
     
  8. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Now that you can see the creek, you may be right....
     
  9. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,724
    Likes Received:
    224,422
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    It all comes together now. Thats the real reason Jack was visiting you.

    I suppose the Hoffmans will be up there next?
     
  10. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Beetle-Kill, you planning on mulching with those chips?
     
  11. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    I talked to him last week, he needs more stuff but no, I'm not letting that guy near my creek. That's my area! :yes:
     
  12. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,178
    Likes Received:
    166,481
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    Lol.

    Taken.jpg
     
  13. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,724
    Likes Received:
    224,422
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
  14. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Put down a bed load in a planter box up front, but it's really wet so not too much. Also, I seem to remember Aspen mulch may be bad for some reason but I can't verify that. Thoughts?
     
  15. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,569
    Location:
    US
  16. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Don't know about poison mulch, maybe. Got me looking at chippers online. I may rent one for now. :makeitrain"
     
  17. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Thanks Eric, it really was a team effort. Much more to do though... I'll get there.
     
  18. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,569
    Location:
    US
    And he shutter ready, I'm sure!:yes:
    Stay on it, bud.:handshake:
     
  19. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    :yes:
     
  20. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    I have a 1/2 interest in the same chipper. That pile of brush there is about all I've ever put through it. If you need to do the brush from an entire tree, you're gonna be there for a little while. It's probably nice for occasional yard brush like that but it just wasn't big or fast enough for what I needed to do. I'd like to get one that is though.

    Beautiful creek! I'd love to have myself a view of something like that. :)