In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Why not have two?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by J. Dirt, Jun 20, 2017.

  1. J. Dirt

    J. Dirt

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    3,488
    Likes Received:
    18,347
    Location:
    Ny
    Ive got a 55 Rancher I bought new in 2004 :Dand it's been my main saw for a long time and has stood up to all kinds of abuse. Since I've grown to like it so much I figured Id get a second one or one similar so I threw a $50 bid at one before bed on fleabay last night. Woke up this morning to my surprise I was the only bidder and won it so I hope the build goes well and I come out with a nice little saw. As of right now this is what I'll be getting.. IMG_1289.PNG
     
  2. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
  3. J. Dirt

    J. Dirt

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    3,488
    Likes Received:
    18,347
    Location:
    Ny
    Noticed it the other day but there was only two saws, now I see there's a bunch! :D Might have to hit him up for one or a few of those little 300 echos!:thumbs:
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,164
    Location:
    Central MI
    Eric VW and J. Dirt like this.
  5. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Thats not a saw! Thats a box of parts! o_O
    ;)
    Looks like a fun build! :yes:
     
  6. J. Dirt

    J. Dirt

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    3,488
    Likes Received:
    18,347
    Location:
    Ny
    Should be fun.... I hope..... I'm curious to see how it will ship.
     
  7. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Ready or not, here it comes....
    "In a box!" ...rim shot...
    :whistle:
    :wacky:
    :rofl: :lol:
    :handshake:
     
  8. J. Dirt

    J. Dirt

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    3,488
    Likes Received:
    18,347
    Location:
    Ny
    What if it comes piece by piece in bubble mailers:D
     
  9. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Well then I guess I'll be eating my words...? Would be tough to chew this iPad tho...:wacky:
    :picard:
     
  10. J. Dirt

    J. Dirt

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    3,488
    Likes Received:
    18,347
    Location:
    Ny
  11. J. Dirt

    J. Dirt

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    3,488
    Likes Received:
    18,347
    Location:
    Ny
    Well no bubble mailers but a bunch of cling wrap! Does that count? IMG_1305.JPG IMG_1306.JPG
     
  12. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Can you pop cling wrap?:whistle:
    I say nay!:rofl: :lol:
    :rofl: :lol:

    :rofl: :lol:

    Glad ya got yer next project, J. Dirt.:handshake:

    Is it done yet?:D
     
  13. J. Dirt

    J. Dirt

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    3,488
    Likes Received:
    18,347
    Location:
    Ny
    It's cosmetically in pretty nice shape aside from a little muffler melt on the top cover but otherwise the rings are welded into the piston and the cylinder and bearings are toast. Unfortunately because it's a 46mm Mahle cylinder. It looks like the base gasket was upside down or something and was covering the transfer ports 50% so I'm thinking she leaned out a little :confused: Also the muffler must have got loose because it melted the cover for one, and two all the bolt holes on the muffler are wallowed out. Let the fun begin!:cool:
     
  14. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    :faint:
    Oh my.......:zip:
    :picard:
     
    Shawn Curry likes this.
  15. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    That sounds like a box of parts to me.
     
  16. J. Dirt

    J. Dirt

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    3,488
    Likes Received:
    18,347
    Location:
    Ny
    Nahhh just a fun little project:D..... overpriced but fun :D