In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Where's the mailbox?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by 343amc, Feb 24, 2014.

  1. 343amc

    343amc

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,749
    Likes Received:
    5,770
    Location:
    Northeast Lower Michigan
    I've driven by this quite a few times this winter. I finally slowed to a crawl and took a picture.

    A new house was built here last summer. I bet he didn't figure his mailbox would get buried like this. That black thing is the mailbox. Its open field behind the drift.

    The top of this hill usually has 3 foot drifts in the winter. I'd guess it tops out closer to 7 feet this year.
     

    Attached Files:

    milleo, Stinny and thewoodlands like this.
  2. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Pity the mailman. Good thing they have those long grabbers, but most hate them.
     
  3. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
  4. 343amc

    343amc

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,749
    Likes Received:
    5,770
    Location:
    Northeast Lower Michigan
    I pity the mailman for having to stop there, period. That stretch of road has a lot of blind spots, and it's not uncommon for people to fly through there at high speed. With hills, farm traffic and generally impatient drivers it can get ugly quick. I've had a lot of near misses just past that hill.

    There is another drift on that same road about four miles south that I can't safely get a picture of, but I'd guess it's over 10 feet tall.

    Spring is welcome to come at any time.
     
    Stinny and smoke show like this.