In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Some Small Stuff

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, May 20, 2017.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This is what I found after the winds we had, the first three pictures are a small Sugar Maple, 0252 is a Cherry and 0253 is another Maple.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Not to bad, coulda been worse :)
     
    Sean, Woodsnwoods, yooperdave and 5 others like this.
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Yea, could've been worse. Still assessing the damage from the microburst. I was in the area today talking with locals. One couple whom always sits on their porch swears they saw a fuel come down and then go back up. I'm seeing microburst though. Trees all one direction down.
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Haven't checked in the woods yet but lots of small limbs down and leaves all over the place. Our woods looks so bad already a few more down won't do much harm...
     
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It says the rain will stop tomorrow morning so I'll get the Maple and the Ironwood taken care of, once I get those done then I'll move over to the downed Cherry.
     

    Attached Files:

  6. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,342
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    "Sick lame and lazy fall in the rear!"

    Thats what used to be yelled during boot camp back just a few decades or so ago! (Insert flashback here....)

    Same works with trees; if they don't cut the mustard, get rid of them!
     
    Woodsnwoods, M2theB, HDRock and 3 others like this.
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It was still raining pretty good when I crawled out of the sleeper so after coffee and the daily cleaning I headed to town for some items. The rain has stopped but I think the rest of the day will be spent doing something else.
     
  8. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Same here. Should have a few nice days coming up!
     
  9. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Another windy day forecast for us but not too bad yet. Then several more days of rain. I think it is safe to say we're having a wet spring. It is great for those raising mosquitoes...
     
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    If we don't have any wind, the skeeters are pretty bad this year.
     
  11. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    If you happen to run short, we can ship a few to you.
     
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I did get 31 rounds out of this small Cherry before noon but what I thought could be a Maple from a distance turned out to be a Basswood.

    Just off another trail up top we have a small Cherry and a very small Maple I get another day. 100_0264.JPG
     

    Attached Files:

  13. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,840
    Likes Received:
    114,718
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Nice looking wood lot

    Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
     
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's a mess up there but thanks. It's the one area that needs more attention.....cleaning up.
     
    Woodsnwoods and Backwoods Savage like this.
  15. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
  16. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    :rofl: :lol::thumbs:
     
  17. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    No cookies yet... Judy did like the Dunkin Donut ad. Of course, she used to make the donuts although not at the DD place.
     
    Woodsnwoods likes this.
  18. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,342
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Now thats a good one! :thumbs: Gonna have to get some cookies now!
     
    Woodsnwoods and Backwoods Savage like this.
  19. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I was eating supper around 5:30 tonight when I heard a big thud coming from the woods, it sounded like it was near the gully so I'm thinking the dead pine came down or the big ole maple gave up a branch. I'll look tomorrow.
     
  20. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Yeah, wait till the wind dies down :hair: