In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Out of wood...

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Stephiedoll, May 21, 2017.

  1. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,079
    Likes Received:
    29,341
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    IMG_20170521_173822.jpg IMG_20170521_173843.jpg IMG_20170521_173851.jpg IMG_20170521_173858.jpg IMG_20170521_173917.jpg IMG_20170521_173930.jpg IMG_20170521_173953.jpg IMG_20170521_174002.jpg at the house that needs c/s/s.
     
    Gark, Flatlander Pete, Hammy and 17 others like this.
  2. stuckinthemuck

    stuckinthemuck

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,247
    Likes Received:
    15,345
    Location:
    Wandering around in the NH woods.
    Well then..... time for a beer!!:cheers:
     
  3. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Time to go get some more :woodsign: for 2025:D
     
  4. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,079
    Likes Received:
    29,341
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    No, now it's time to try and clean up the rest of the yard and get the grass growing that I planted in the bare areas. Also, in the background of the last picture toward the right is an apple tree to take down, and on the left side is a couple of small tree of heavens to get rid of. Hoping to kill the roots on those junk trees. Neighbor also gave me permission to take the two ash trees behind my stacks but they seem healthy so going to leave them be until the azz bore get them. He also a large ash tree that will need to come down soon and I will get that wood.
    Plus, I still have tons of wood at my partner's place that needs taken care of. We sell most of it, but he keeps the oak and I get the black locust. :p :saw::woodsign::axe:
     
  5. FatBoy85

    FatBoy85

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2017
    Messages:
    6,611
    Likes Received:
    25,253
    Location:
    Washington State
    For a second there I was gonna go "whatchu talkin' bout Willis?"
    Then came the punch line. Nice stacks ready for the summer dry up and back to burning in ...whenever it comes. You got very similar stacks to mine. Im still trying to get everything split and stacked since ive collected.
     
    Gark, Backwoods Savage, Horkn and 2 others like this.
  6. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,372
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Aw heck, I just about had the truck loaded up and headed for out west when I read the thread title! Almost all oak on this load.


    $25 load 001.JPG
     
    Gark, M2theB, milleo and 9 others like this.
  7. Hellcat

    Hellcat

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2016
    Messages:
    184
    Likes Received:
    906
    Location:
    Centre Hall, PA
    Man that's some nice looking stuff. Feel like you're playing Tetris when stacking that!
     
  8. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,079
    Likes Received:
    29,341
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    OH, I'm not proud! Head on down. What kind of bear do you want?:cheers::drunk:
     
  9. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,372
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Old pic from last fall. Came from a pallet factory; I just cut up the last few four foot lengths this afternoon. The first 1/2 of the truck bed is loaded with the 3 to 4 foot lengths then the second half of the bed is loaded with exactly what you see!

    I plan on getting a few loads for the cottage as soon as it dries up a bit.
     
  10. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    I might guess yooperdave would thus like a Growler....:whistle:
    :rofl: :lol:
     
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Gark, HDRock, milleo and 4 others like this.
  11. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,372
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.


    Not much of a beer drinker any longer. For the last three or so summers, I've even promised myself to have a beer and have never gotten around to it. It has been many years since I've had a beer. Now, I will have a scotch, or some rye whiskey. Even some bourbon and lately some rum. But I guess I just drank my fill of beer....


    I see what you did there Eric VW !!! Always on your toes!
     
  12. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    :binoculars:
    :picard:
    Supposin' I'll just quit that....:salute:
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  13. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,372
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Wouldn't be the same.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Eric VW like this.
  14. FatBoy85

    FatBoy85

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2017
    Messages:
    6,611
    Likes Received:
    25,253
    Location:
    Washington State
    Love the mint green truck.
     
    HDRock, billb3 and Backwoods Savage like this.
  15. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Stephiedoll I've watched the radar and know what it can be like around Omaha but it appears you've really been getting hit often. How is the river doing?
     
    Stephiedoll likes this.
  16. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,079
    Likes Received:
    29,341
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    Platte and Missouri are up and some minor flooding south of here, but no issues here. Went north to Sioux City today and saw lots of flooded fields. Strong winds 1 day last week with some damage north part of town. I never went looking to pick up wood. Starting to look at some totes to catch the rain off the roof to water the yard in the summer. By the time I put something together there won't be any more rain for the year.
     
    yooperdave and Backwoods Savage like this.
  17. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Well, there has been plenty of flooding over the past several years and you should not need more for quite some time.
     
  18. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,079
    Likes Received:
    29,341
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    Around here true. My parents live in the center of the state (Greeley) and they will always take the rain. We had 5+" last week/weekend. Grass should really green up next week.
     
    Backwoods Savage and yooperdave like this.
  19. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,079
    Likes Received:
    29,341
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
  20. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    Looks like a forestry service truck, there was one for sale too far away from me that would have made a decent firewood truck