Be safe there milleo. Take your time. Sorry for your troubles. And it could have been worse. It will all work out for ya.
This is pretty rare but a bad thing for sure! Perhaps it will be a fairly easy fix or worse case hire a pro to get this sorted out.. Can't imagine this situation! Wish I lived nearby I'd be there to help you..
Thanx all I will get it together....Just might take a couple days.....Not so rare as another friend had his concrete block chimney go down too...But he had it go down before...Almost guarantee mine will NEVER go down again....
Thanx for the offer....Metal roof, north side, lots of snow and freezing rain is what made this happen....Oh ya and me slacking a little....
Update....Put chimney back together today and a real pain in the butt doing it alone....Only thing is it is 3 ft. shorter cause couldn't get the last piece up but it is running fine...Will redo it this summer when I have a taller ladder....
I am so sorry to hear your chimney went down. Scary, but you handled it well. Lessons alway being learned. Mother Nature is always keeping us on our toes. You are good about handling the situation. I am dependent on my adult kids and the grandchildren. Thankfully, they all live within a few miles. Hope you get through the rest of the winter unscathed.