Bumming...Snow load came off metal roof and wiped out chimney....Had snow stops there but didn't work this time....Really bumming....Can't deal with this tonight....Yes fire was going but just kept an eye on it and it died down from lack of draft....I have a thru the wall set-up....Sad...Very sad....
Yikes, how are the temps up there tonight? Holding at 40 here with rain . I hope you can get it squared out tomorrow and not get rain/snow down the flue.
Temps will be about 30 tonight with sleet, snow and freezing rain but only couple inches at most. I have plenty oil for furnace so not to bad but am totally bumming....
That just sucks. Glad you were there & have back up heat. House maintenance, some years it seems endless. Don't know if these guard & a brace would help or not.
Looking with a flashlight it looks not bad but not sure til daylight...I won't be able to get it back up alone at least not the full height...might have to shut it down till next year....
I guess I need a really tall guard or should have roof raked again....The force of the snow and ice made one wicked avalanche...
O man that blows! The snow and ice are insane this year and causing problems everywhere. Hope all is well and it's an easy fix!
Oh man… unreal. Is this something your homeowners ins will cover? Sure hope so. Glad it didn't cause any fire issues.
No cause I never told ins. bout stove and I have a 500.00 deductible and I can resurrect chimney myself because no real damage...Crushed cap but can straighten out.....Hopefully tomorrow I will fix it....I will work on it cause the furnace running is soooo....aggravating.....Also have 3/4 tank of K1 so not dire straits or anything.... My own fault cause I should of taken the roof rake to it the other day, just getting lazy I guess....And yes I had snow stops mounted before the chimney....They were to short for the amount of snow and ice that was up there....