Stopped at a few places for some low elevation mini hikes during the beautiful afternoon we had. Everything is around the Franconia Notch area.
The trails everywhere were packed down enough that none were needed, and about 2.5' wide. We hiked the pemi trail, yes, made a stop at the basin (very good). The snow in the notch is deep 3'+, hopped of the trail which shares with snow machines, bloop, up to my azz! We did some hiking off of routes 112- "the kanc" around otter rocks. Was a beautiful day!
I used to travel through that area for work, it's been 15 years or or more since I've driven through the notch. It's very beautiful.
Oh you have no idea. Trying to figure out a plan how to get a sled. Planted the seed with Dawn's tech guys if something comes around!
Ha! I was on that very trail in the notch with 8 other folks on sleds Sunday, we right right through/by the basin on our way down to Lincoln for lunch at the Indian Head Resort. We did 70 miles from Twin Mountain down and back. I didn't call you to try and get together because my day was "planned" for me. Quite beautiful indeed, unfortunately I didn't even have time for any pics, it was go, go. Thankfully you got some so the rest of FHC can see the magical place we call home.
I saw a ton of sleds. Still plenty of snow depending where you go. We hope to get some sleds at some point. Could hear them all over around mt. Washington place condos today
Couple pics from today all near the house on our way to Conway for some shopping. With the warm temps, the snow is melting, but plenty left.
Dawn was loving the sky. Beautiful day here! Pretty cool this can be done on the phone. In the distance, that was probably a 5 mile long shot.