Cleaned up from another good size snow storm depositing another 10+" of snow here.. Watched squirrels make snow tunnels to the bird feeders.. Never knew they did that! Chilly morning here with temp at 13 degrees and breezy..
We got lucky and didn't get hardly any Sat. night Sun. morning....Don.t know about further up though...
Thinking heavy snow way up north is more "normal" than what we have been getting this year.. Expecting single digit temps again tonight.. Been burning lots more wood this year for sure!
Deep snow and cold temps are makin a come back here in Maine this year… that's for sure. If n I had dry wood I'd be burnin like crazy too. Next year I hope. I've changed my plans from reading good advice from the long time Hoarders. I was going to try to drop and haul logs for stacking until (maybe 1-2 years) I bucked them up. Now, I know the logs just won't dry at all until they're CS&S in the sun and wind. Got it… now, to actually get that done… hmmmm…
You might be ready however old man winter has other plans! Another cold snap next week after a teaser warm up.. Oh snow here tomorrow and maybe one more time.. Sending the white $hit to BogyDave and Zap..
OOOOH! you might have to burn some more of that firewood you have been hoarding. Just think of the fun of replacing it in the spring! Campinspecter is getting anxious about the two rows we have used from the woodshed. Our stash in the basement is getting low. He wants to go out and get more to replace it!