In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hearthstone 1

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Grizzly Adam, Feb 13, 2014.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Looking at a Hearthstone 1 on craigslist, waiting for a call back. Does anyone know anything about this model? Have a serial if that will do us anything.

    Main concern is chimney size.
     
  2. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Is that the big bastard? If so, it is suppose to be a hell of a heater. Equivalent to the Equinox. Not as efficient, but it is a big box with good burn times considering the age of the stove.

    If it is the same stove I am thinking of.
     
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    The person who posted the link said it was 4 cubic feet. So year, big. How old would it be?
     
  4. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    I believe it was produced in the 80s.
     
  5. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Any idea on the chimney size?
     
  6. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Pretty sure it requires an 8" liner.
     
  7. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Before purchasing, I'd look for some first hand reviews of the stove. I never owned one. Make sure you know what it will do so you aren't let down.
     
  8. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    :eek: Wow that's a big firebox :thumbs:
     
  9. Flamestead

    Flamestead

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2013
    Messages:
    2,167
    Likes Received:
    10,974
    Location:
    Windsor County, VT
    Google on "hearthstone model H-I" and sort through the responses. I didn't see a lot, but there is a rebuild thread from 2009 out there, as well as Hearthstone's parts list for the stove.
     
  10. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Found enough to confirm this is an 8" flue, so I won't be getting it.