In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Lil at a time.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Gasifier, Feb 13, 2014.

  1. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Sometimes you only have time to bring out a small amount. But that's better than none!

    Every once and a while you miss a pesky little branch. But luckily I have a Stihl PA-20 in the carry all tool box thanks to a cool secret Santa!
     

    Attached Files:

    Woodwidow, milleo, andybaker and 6 others like this.
  2. Tang

    Tang

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    130
    Location:
    North Central Ohio
    Once again - i'm digging the 40 hp tractor and carryall setup. I'm resisting the urge so far to buy one for my own use but you're making it tougher with each post!
     
    papadave likes this.
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    That's a nice scrounge.
    I did a few a little bigger than that last year in the back of the Jeep.
    They add up.
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  4. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Big boy toys, I am jealous! [​IMG]
     
    Gasifier, papadave and Jack Straw like this.
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Nice load
    It's BTU & adding to the stacks :)
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  6. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Every bit counts....... It seems like that is how I end up getting the majority of my wood.
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  7. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    not a thing wrong with that load.............that's a few bellies full for your gasser.
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  8. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    True. That row of wood is 5' wide x 3' high x almost 2' length rounds. So it is almost 1/4 of a cord. Not bad for a trip in the woods that took me about an hour to cut/load/unload. I have been cutting the rounds from 20-24". Just eye balling them.
     
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    Locust Post likes this.
  9. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    It does add up. I was hauling full truck loads out earlier this season. But boy do they take a lot longer to load. upload_2014-2-13_19-54-48.jpeg

    And you have to heave those rounds way up high to the truck. The carry all box you let right down on the ground. :thumbs:
     
  10. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Tang. I can't let you forget about the other three horse power my friend. :rofl: :lol: It is 43 hp.

    I won't make it any harder on ya pal. Hey. Have you ever seen these? I just happened across it on youtube. :whistle:











    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTnW5F_orGw


    Now. Why didn't I make mine as nice as they made theirs? :D Too much of a hurry. :thumbs:
     
  11. Tang

    Tang

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    130
    Location:
    North Central Ohio
    Oh 43 hp, better yet! My kubota is only 26 and i've often thought that if i ever upgraded it would be 40 or more. However, even at 26, my tractor seems to do everything i need it to, for now.

    The videos are nice, certainly doesn't help fight the urge to run to TSC - thanks!
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  12. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Anytime. That's what friends are for. Right?

     
    Tang likes this.
  13. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    That's funny right there… :drool: