In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No good deed goes unpunished! Really!

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Star Gazer, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Seca.....

2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Seca
    [​IMG]

Pallet Pete, savemoney and Eric VW like this.
  3. yooperdave

yooperdave

So much I could say.

If the grass is greener.......well then.....don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya.

savemoney, brenndatomu and Eric VW like this.
  4. lukem

lukem

Que?

Eric VW likes this.
  5. lukem

lukem

You know, the ignore button works pretty damm good. Just sayin...And stuff.

6. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Or seco, depending on masc/fem....

7. lukem

lukem

Loca?

savemoney and Eric VW like this.
  8. yooperdave

yooperdave

Never used the ignore button. ever. Not even on the other site. Just quit using the site works best!

Eric VW likes this.
  9. yooperdave

yooperdave

Is there an ignore button for your employment place?

10. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Sí...

bocefus78 likes this.
  11. lukem

lukem

Yes...But is very expensive to use.

12. yooperdave

yooperdave

:thumbs: :rofl: :lol:

Chvymn99 and Eric VW like this.
  13. bushpilot

bushpilot

Ignore buttons are great! Why not use them? Serious question.

Eric VW likes this.
  14. yooperdave

yooperdave

I ask why use them instead.

bocefus78 and Eric VW like this.
  15. lukem

lukem

All the negative mojo goes poof....Like it never even happened.

Chvymn99 and Eric VW like this.
  16. bushpilot

bushpilot

I come to the site via the recent posts link. If I ignore threads that don't interest me, they do not fill my page. I don't do that, (ignore threads) but I do ignore the military forums, because I have no interest whatsoever. It is ignoring the subject, not the person, so far I see no reason to "ignore" any person.

I am baffled as to how this could be a negative thing.

17. bocefus78

bocefus78

Freedom of choice. We like freedom here at fhc. To each his own

DexterDay and Eric VW like this.
  18. Star Gazer

Star Gazer

Take a moment to think about it. Why had so many left AS including the Mods? Why was this forum originally created? Then look at this thread as well as some other threads who have referenced it or made open comments about it. But it doesn't quite end there. Look at other threads belittling someone. Even threads that are for entertainment like the "Funny Pictures Thread," has been subjected to the same type of posts. One set in particular refers to the way someone talks on this forum.

The reality is, it's not funny. If a person talks a certain way, it is likely the way their parents talked as that person was growing up. For that matter, I have my doubts the two that participated in those comments would be able to understand me if we were to talk face to face. Would they then make fun of me on the forum? More than likely, yes. The same may apply to many of those who posted negative comments in this particular thread if we were to meet. Shoot, they'd probably go as far as making fun of and ridiculing the way I walk.

For those who may be unaware, I have little to no feeling in my legs and feet due to having had a broken back from a motorcycle accident. Doctors have said, I should not be able to walk because the majority of nerves were severed, but I persevered and do walk and much more. But walk with grace? Fat chance. I also have torn rotator cuffs on both the left and right arms, two rips in my abdomen (one that I can stick a couple of fingers in and the other where I could stick my entire hand through and play with my entrails) AKA hernias. Add a hiatal hernia accompanied by GERDs, and my left hand that is partially out of order from the same motorcycle accident that trashed my back. I'm left handed! Okay, so I'm 65 to 70% disabled according to the doctors and gooberment. I won't go into the many things I have accomplished with my home and property or other things I do, but the end result has made the majority of women folk around here look like useless slugs and the menfolk look like pansies. So I might be a bit different than y'all would expect. I should probably mention, I don't do drugs and rarely drink. That includes beer.

And just like those who populate this area geographically, the same types seem to populate this forum. There are some who have exhibited hatred and disdain of not only me, but of others who may best them or of those they just don't care for. Yet all of that is tolerated on this forum? The pizzing matches, occasional fights, the ridicule and belittling. Never mind how it might be offensive. And of course there are those who like to have fun at the expense of someone else. Never mind that it might hurt that one person, because it is but one person, and if everyone else is throwing stones, then it must be justified.

I can equate that to grade school and even high school. There are many who won't participate, and just watch. Then there are those who will make comments elsewhere either directly or indirectly but still childish nonetheless. More often than not this same type of behavior continues into their adult life.

Now, the only psychological impairment I have is having a case of PTSD. Crazy, even insane ......... Maybe in some of the things I've done over the years, but it was fun and no one was hurt! So I may be a card or two shy of playing with a full deck (no one plays with the jokers anyway), but this is more than I can say for quite a few here.

Now as far as my avatar indicating this is the NEW AS site, it is because it is mirroring the other site (without all the stupid advertising). I won't say the people as a whole from there are bad, but it really doesn't take many to spoil what could be a good thing making it bad. The same applies here. I also know for a fact that many here still go to the other site as well as quite a few other topic related forums in which I frequently read at. I will be taking that avatar down in another day or two and putting my old one back in place. But I wanted it to be a reminder to those AS refugees that this is the very thing they were moving away from.

19. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

That's a high minded way to put folks down, right there.....
    Members take shots at me often, but I launch not into a wrist slapping dissertation, and instead I simply laugh with them while laughing at myself.
    When I moved to the South, one of the first phrases I was treated to was, "if we ain't picking on ya it means we don't like ya."
    But really, what's the point?
    :usa:, without regret.
    Best regards.

20. ironpony

ironpony

Diversity makes the forums go round..................
    Try going to a car forum, talk about abuse.

WeldrDave, yooperdave and Eric VW like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.