I was at a a party last weekend. One of my best friends, his wife's birthday at their daughter's place. When I got there, I spied - All red oak. Been sitting there for a few months. So, I talked to the daughter and she said I could have it! Sa-weet!! So, my friend and I went back today, with his pickup. I brought my X27 and decided to leave them some that I would split. I know they have a small fire pit My friend said that would be about a 5yr supply, knowing how often they have a campfire. So,we loaded up with about 1/4-1/3 of what was left and brought it back. I'll get that moved tomorrow and will get around to splitting and stacking. I bought my friend breakfast for the helping and the use of his pickup. We'll go back for more at some point in the future. While at breakfast, I notice and older gentleman and wife having breakfast. He was wearing a WWII hat. So, I got the attention of his waitress and picked up their tab, Small gesture, but it was appreciated by the Vet and his wife, as well as the wait staff. So, a load of wood, and my good deed for the day!!
Yes. Yes it was. The vet and his wife looked confused. I shook his hand, thanked him for his service. He then understood and nodded his head. If anyone has ever done that before, you'll know what I mean when I state that it left me with a good feeling
I was at take out Deli for lunch not long ago and there were 2 National Guard soldiers ordering in front of me. When the cashier rung it and said the total, I stepped up a little and said I'll be paying for that. they looked a little confused, And I just thanked for everything they do.